• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is The Site Slow For You?

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Hey all,

I know that our members come from all around the world, and as the site grows more and more, the load time for pages can increase. Going through some statics, I found one that said the average load time for a page on here was 5.6s! This number is huge! I feel like most pages load in a second, but maybe that is me being biased.

So my question is, compared to other sites, is this site slow? Fast? What do you think?

As always your responses are appreciated, as I am looking to make sure the site runs as smooth as possible.

I've only been around for a week or so, but I would say load times seem pretty decent. I have browsed on my phone as well with no issue. I'll keep an eye out for any slow downs. I do know that sometimes forums may slow with heavy load, like at lunch time haha.

At certain times mine is slow to load pages, but as far as I can tell it's my work's connection. Maybe they are trying to tell me to get back to work. oops.

All my other devices work just fine.

I am a regular on a few forums, even have my own humble forum UKPaddleSports.freeforums.org

Oakley Forum is by far the most modern and fun to use... Loads of great features that I have never seen on other forums, ;like the 'like' button, the ability to follow users and use a news feed.

Not sure who your host is but most be good. PHP?

Back