• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there a difference between "gray ink" and "matte gray ink" frame colors

Bagofchips

Oakley Beginner
I see on Oakley website two frames in same model (Reedmace) (different color lenses) listing the gray ink frames as either "matte gray ink" or "gray ink" -- is that just inconsistency or is it a real color difference? I see other models sometimes saying "gray ink", sometimes saying "matte gray ink". So if those really are distinct what's the difference? Transparency? My future sunglasses thank you, as do I.

1684883400431.png
I see on Oakley website two frames in same model (Reedmace) (different color lenses) listing the gray ink frames as either "matte gray ink" or "gray ink" -- is that just inconsistency or is it a real color difference? I see other models sometimes saying "gray ink", sometimes saying "matte gray ink". So if those really are distinct what's the difference? Transparency? My future sunglasses thank you, as do I.
Is the Grey Ink pair polished? Polished and Matte: look at the reflections on the lower pair, as opposed to the ones up top.

1684883400045.png

1684883474396.png

Last edited:
Maybe and thx so much for the image juxtaposition. Polished might give the appearance of more translucence. The violet prism lens one is the (non-matte) Grey Ink.

Latest Posts

Back