• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is There a Formatting Rubric

mine came from an airport Oakley dealer in a large international airport. is there some kind of story behind these i don't know about ?
No, theres no story that you don't know of. What you've found out here is about it. Yours most likely was an OCP that was put together in the store you bought it from. The bottom one in my picture is the one you'll find on O-review, mass produced by Oakley. There is a story behind the polished one in the picture. It's (as far as I know) a one of a kind creation by some guy here on the forum who does a lot of custom NSJ2's.

No, theres no story that you don't know of. What you've found out here is about it. Yours most likely was an OCP that was put together in the store you bought it from. The bottom one in my picture is the one you'll find on O-review, mass produced by Oakley. There is a story behind the polished one in the picture. It's (as far as I know) a one of a kind creation by some guy here on the forum who does a lot of custom NSJ2's.
Cool! So even though mine isn't one of a kind it's probably one of a few. I tried to take a better pic after cleaning them up a little today. I just got some Gold Iridium Polarized lenses and new socks for the arms, but after looking at my earlier pics I got a little self conscious about how dirty mine looked : ) .. here is the color in all its glory.

2020-03-17 (2).jpg

Pretty much. I think O-Review would list a Polished Root Beer if they were ever made.

O-review is privately run and is not a complete list by far. There are some things that are wrong and some things aren’t listed at all. If it’s not on O-review doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

I add/correct things to O-review all the time. The other day I changed the (what was) polished blk/ruby XX to jet blk/ruby bc I got an original box to prove it. That’s just one example of things that are incorrect. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of stuff is right, but some isn’t either.

This GB I have also doesn’t exist on O-review
b8dd9e0a42d0a73deb45cf7175f2a120.jpg

That last pic the OP uploaded looks more like matte Rootbeer now.

Although it looks similar I still believe (and could be wrong) it is something in between. If you look at the matte it doesn't have the same texture, but also not as shiny as the polished. Also it doesn't have the black piece between the hing and the arm. It is all the same color. Once I kit them up again I'll take them outside in the sun for a nice shot and post it up so ya'll can see the final restoration. I am also gonna try the method @Rick58 referenced so it'll be a few days. Neat that I might have something special (ish).

O-review is privately run and is not a complete list by far. There are some things that are wrong and some things aren’t listed at all. If it’s not on O-review doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist
I totally agree that O-Review isn't perfect. But I would challenge you to show me another Polished Root Beer NSJ2 that came from Oakley. It really is something they should have done.
I've had 4 Matte Root Beer and what I have noticed is with wear they start to become somewhat "polished" looking. It's almost like a reverse patina. The one I turned into a Polished Root Beer had so much wear on it that I just put in the time to finish it. Heres a couple before and after pics.
@concept2creation

I totally agree that O-Review isn't perfect. But I would challenge you to show me another Polished Root Beer NSJ2 that came from Oakley. It really is something they should have done.
I've had 4 Matte Root Beer and what I have noticed is with wear they start to become somewhat "polished" looking. It's almost like a reverse patina. The one I turned into a Polished Root Beer had so much wear on it that I just put in the time to finish it. Heres a couple before and after pics.
@concept2creation

For the record, I did say it “looks” like polished Rootbeer. I already checked o-review prior to writing that. Not arguing with you, brother. I think we’re pretty much saying the same thing here.

Back