• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is There a Formatting Rubric

I've had 4 Matte Root Beer and what I have noticed is with wear they start to become somewhat "polished" looking. It's almost like a reverse patina. The one I turned into a Polished Root Beer had so much wear on it that I just put in the time to finish it.
I accept that could be true, but if you check out this picture from when we first bought them back around 2008ish .. they don't look very matte.

full.jpg

O-review is privately run and is not a complete list by far. There are some things that are wrong and some things aren’t listed at all. If it’s not on O-review doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

I add/correct things to O-review all the time. The other day I changed the (what was) polished blk/ruby XX to jet blk/ruby bc I got an original box to prove it. That’s just one example of things that are incorrect. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of stuff is right, but some isn’t either.

This GB I have also doesn’t exist on O-review
View attachment 713700

That last pic the OP uploaded looks more like matte Rootbeer now.

That XX had two different versions of the box. One said Jet Black and one said Polished Black. There should have been both listed.

That XX had two different versions of the box. One said Jet Black and one said Polished Black. There should have been both listed.

You don’t happen to have a pic of a 12-580 pair with a box that says polished? All the ones I have found w a box show it as jet black.

O-review is privately run and is not a complete list by far. There are some things that are wrong and some things aren’t listed at all. If it’s not on O-review doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

I add/correct things to O-review all the time. The other day I changed the (what was) polished blk/ruby XX to jet blk/ruby bc I got an original box to prove it. That’s just one example of things that are incorrect. Don’t get me wrong, a lot of stuff is right, but some isn’t either.

This GB I have also doesn’t exist on O-review
View attachment 713700

That last pic the OP uploaded looks more like matte Rootbeer now.

yes the OR is no fully complete and always a work in progress. There will always be items that slip through the cracks sine there are tens of thousands of items out there and all their sku. Typically there needs to be a SKU attached to make it to the DB to validate it exists. That is to weed out all the customs that are added and claimed to be real.

yes the OR is no fully complete and always a work in progress. There will always be items that slip through the cracks sine there are tens of thousands of items out there and all their sku. Typically there needs to be a SKU attached to make it to the DB to validate it exists. That is to weed out all the customs that are added and claimed to be real.

That’s correct and I follow that guideline as well. I don’t change anything unless I see proof

yes this should be the case. The way I think I remember is happening is they started with polished black on the label and then eventually stopped them and jet black took over the sku. Oakley sometimes played very loose with their sku in the earlier years. Sometimes they would avoid creating a new sku and reused an old one if the colourway was similar, which is why the Ruby OTT had the same sku as the Blade OTT.

yes this should be the case. The way I think I remember is happening is they started with polished black on the label and then eventually stopped them and jet black took over the sku. Oakley sometimes played very loose with their sku in the earlier years. Sometimes they would avoid creating a new sku and reused an old one if the colourway was similar, which is why the Ruby OTT had the same sku as the Blade OTT.

If I could find a 12-580 box that said polished black on it, I will add that one to the database. I did a long search this morning online and couldn’t find any. The only boxes I saw w the 12-580 sku said jet black

If I could find a 12-580 box that said polished black on it, I will add that one to the database. I did a long search this morning online and couldn’t find any. The only boxes I saw w the 12-580 sku said jet black

I’ll let others find it. No chance I would devote energy to that. It will be a tough find since it is a 20 year old pair with a label that wasn’t produced for too long before jet black took over. Good luck on your search.

Back