• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there any chance Oakley will go back to their 90s' wrap styles?

Yes it they will start making them when fashion cycles back around and they are en vogue. Only a matter of time.

There are new straight jackets still avail, not too bad. But i think as long as luxotica has them you will continue to see them conform instead of push the envelope on the design front.

They should've retro'd Kobe's Eye Jackets when he announced his decision to enter the NBA.

Missed opportunity, even if non-Oakley fans would be getting them.

Well I wouldn't say they've left that completely behind- there's been new models that adhere to that DNA such as the Turbine and in recent memory the Pit Bull, Pit Boss etc....though the PB was JJ carryover- but it's definitely fallen off. The question becomes when will they choose to cycle the fashion trends back to that (because those trends are driven by the manufacturers not the consumer...and in this case it's driven by just Lux because they're THE monopoly in the eyewear industry)- right now they're going to ride the wave of "sunglasses don't actually need to shade your eyes from the sun and why wouldn't you want people to be able to see your eyes" designs that emphasize the squared off, big lens look (ironically more lens that does less) which is interpreted as masculine - which I'm not saying it isn't as I get more female eyeballing in Holbrooks than all other shades combined- I just don't see it as uniquely masculine...but I'm a guy so what do I know. But who knows- you might see something- the company basically does one off models now with nothing being in production for longer than an hour only to be discontinued so much like dead clocks are right twice a day...anything is possible.

Back