• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there anyone out there who can laser etch lenses?

I've never seen or heard one in my life...

Anyone on OF ever seen one in real life or heard of anyone that owns one ??

So, if one appears out of nowhere, there is a 99% chance it's a duplicate and it would take a TON of convincing, documentation and proof that it's a legitimate pair by the seller...

From a thread on the O Review was a close up pic of it perched on Ichiro's hat with the etching visible.

Ichiro Suzuki answers questions from the news media after a... 884874 - seattlepi.com

Here is the original thread.

Can you help me ID these Ichiro Romeo's

From a thread on the O Review was a close up pic of it perched on Ichiro's hat with the etching visible.

Ichiro Suzuki answers questions from the news media after a... 884874 - seattlepi.com

Here is the original thread.

Can you help me ID these Ichiro Romeo's
Only looked at the first few posts and didn't see any R2 Ichiros

(I'm on my phone though)

Someone wouldnhave to prove to me that there was an actual production run from Oakley if an Ichiro R2 for me to believe it...

There wasn't a production run. They were one offs done for Ichiro and some got into collector hands.

I am on board for the wearers initials/nickname/nod to something/in jokes etc. but not "Clones" of Oakley produced Etched lenses.

There wasn't a production run. They were one offs done for Ichiro and some got into collector hands.
Ok, so that's my point...

There is no such thing as an Ichiro R2 outside of unspecified "one-offs" that Oakley (we assume) did for Ichiro himself...

That said, 99.9% of any random Ichiro R2 that you "may" see in the future will most likely be a fake...

Hell, the Ichiro R2 is so unknown that even people who make fakes wouldn't even know that they can make a fake Ichiro R2 hahaha !!!

Again, the story and the seller would have to be highly known and explicitly detailed on the origin of any Ichiro R2 that is up for sale...

Yes. Yes they were.
303873-33f83ca7437edfd4c7330238b01b9086.jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender (1).jpg

thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
thumbnail_FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Back