• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there anyone out there who can laser etch lenses?

YeH, tag him...

Gotta figure out who it is and here he got it...

Regardless, it looks like they were not a production run and just so happened to know someone that knew someone that knew some else...

The general concensus is that a custom etched Ichiro R2 would be a custom etching..
I'm asking him now. Lol

Needs a new orbital gasket but here's my new daily wear pair. That $25 XX.

IMG_4360.JPG
IMG_4361.JPG

We have a laser etching machine at work that never gets used, maybe I'll try it out on some stuff to see if I can get it figured out. I wouldn't be confident enough to do anything to someone's $100 lenses though. And I wouldn't do anything to clone or duplicate existing stuff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think cloning specific items leads down a bad path. Making certain lenses questionable.

Infinite Hero Cross is one thing but cloning the IS sig? I personally don't I've a crap either way as I will never have to question those myself but I can already see headaches when transactions start to take place and buyers aren't sure if they're actual lenses that were born that way or if they're "replacement clones"

Yup not a good idea cloning ichis sig. If that ever happened we will see a bunch on ebay selling them for you know what.

Latest Posts

Back