• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there much variation with Ice Iridium?

They cut the lenses for each pair off the same sheet. So both lenses should match but another pair cut from another sheet might have a different shade of color.

I think the bottom pair looks like they are aftermarket, way 2 turquoise looking. I have a pair of ice iridium Juliets I bought from a vault many years ago, they are polarized... But they don't say polarized on them.

Most of the ice lenses I have are like the top pair pictured. However, I have a crankcase with ice polar & they look identical to that bottom pair. Very pale & almost sapphire in camparison

Probably just a couple of batches/ runs of these lenses that just happen to come out slightly different. I have no idea how an Iridium coating is made or applied, but if it's anything like paint , someone must've got the 'mix' a bit off that day :)

Well since I posted this up I've actually seen a couple of Penny's on the bay in this shade, and even one person selling a pair of lenses (he said came from the same frame) that was one of each, so I guess it happened more often than not :-/

Either way, the problem has been sorted by getting some proper sapphires cut for the frame (from a flax 2.0 xl donor), which looks 100% better, although hard to capture the colour with an iphone indoors, lol

image.jpg

image.jpg