• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is there such thing as TOO NICE?

Hi all.

I'd like to run something past everyone here in the off topic section. I've been taken advantage of numerous times over the years here. Not just because of my good nature but because I'm perhaps too trusting in others. So far it's been innocent enough not to be too bothered by it.. Anyway my question is. Have you ever been taken advantage of by someone here or abused by them because of your good trusting nature. Seems like a strange thing to ask but I have some pretty good reasons lately to ask this. I don't do anything out of malice and I never have. So why abuse? Why be negative? Or why not be understanding and patent. Sorry Im weird I guess. I trust too many and expect too much. It's best perhaps to think the worst outcome first then be perhaps surprised when it goes better than that? Been through a ton this year so maybe I'm getting soft. Lol..
Dont let people get you down man. For everyone that trys to shaft you I'm sure they will experience karma that is due to them! Your love of oakleys and talent in customizing is inspiring a new generation of people to appreciate and collect Oakleys that would otherwise end up in the scrap heap. I for one am looking forward to owning a soulfrog custom when they finally arrive at your door! And I'm sure many many others appreciate your customs, restorations, kind words and advice.

Well everyone knows here that i was once very nice to @guest turns out he was a douche bag!!!:brunette:..........i am still very nice to @Wicked though:biggrin::grin:.

seriously, You should know the limit on how to be VERY NICE...

...That said I hope you don't really give up Oakley collecting because of the actions of one assclown. You collect way too cool of stuff to let it go. I'd hate to see you dump it all then regret it later. Ask X Man about his Mars Craters lol He regrets it every time he sells one....

@SiRacer420 Thanks man. Agreed. That guy fooled a lot of us.

@Lopaka KaMars You are a great Oakley guy. I counsel you to forgive and stick around. Lots of great people here. I love seeing your stuff on What Oakleys Are you Wearing Today.

Hi all.

I'd like to run something past everyone here in the off topic section. I've been taken advantage of numerous times over the years here. Not just because of my good nature but because I'm perhaps too trusting in others. So far it's been innocent enough not to be too bothered by it.. Anyway my question is. Have you ever been taken advantage of by someone here or abused by them because of your good trusting nature. Seems like a strange thing to ask but I have some pretty good reasons lately to ask this. I don't do anything out of malice and I never have. So why abuse? Why be negative? Or why not be understanding and patent. Sorry Im weird I guess. I trust too many and expect too much. It's best perhaps to think the worst outcome first then be perhaps surprised when it goes better than that? Been through a ton this year so maybe I'm getting soft. Lol..
It makes my heart sad to even read this, but thank you for sharing your thoughts and your feelings. This group, this forum, this family is something else. For me, it started as a place to learn about a pair of Juliet's that tie me back to when I was a teenager.

What changed me? @Drewblood419 . Before Drew had any idea he was even sick, this forum treated him like family. I watched from afar just observing the interactions wanting to know how to be accepted by this group and what I could bring to contribute not knowing a fraction of what most people know here. When Drew became sick, the amount of folks that jumped to get him a pair of R1's brought me to tears. My wife and I stayed up at night waiting to see what the next test results were, what the next milestone for him would be, and so many people here poured the love onto him. It allowed me to get involved, send some cash, share some encouraging words, and ultimately feel apart of the family. I still think of the generosity of so many and live my life to mirror the same respect and love to anyone I meet. Funny how someone you never met can affect your daily life.

@SouLFuLFroG, you have let me ask stupid questions and come to you for advice, not knowing me from anyone, and I got nothing but respect in return. @Japanese Jellyfish , @Tidezealot @GTgold, @Crazy about my X's ... EVERYONE I have met has been respectful and willing to share with each other. People who take advantage of others in this space have something much more serious going on in their lives. This forum lifts me up and keeps me enthusiastic that there is good in the world, even after the political debates, raunchy jokes, and dealing with people who want to put others down. This place is inspiring and keeps me motivated to do good in the world ... and that's only because of people like you @SouLFuLFroG.

Last edited:
Back