• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is this a defect on Prizm lens?

Aulvin Basyir

Oakley Beginner
I bought Prizm Daily Polarized Sliver (9262-07) yesterday at Frankfurt Airport before my flight to Beijing.

However I feel uncomfortable wearing it particularly when looking at my iphone or looking at the monitor inside the plane.
Somehow it creates a multiple lines with pink color such as watching a damaged TV that has expose to magnet. Also when playing with my iphone, my screen looks somehow blur depends on which angle you stare the phone.

Is this a standard product features or something wrong in it. Anyone has the same issues?

Thanks,

as G-901 said....

modern screens have their own polarising filters to give optimum quality images - this conflicts with the polarized lenses in your oakley (or any other brand) sunglasses.

if you rotate the lenses or screen you will see the image change, ultimately going dark.

I'm just curious. Why buy a product going through an airport at a store you know you won't be coming back to?

Was it a legit Oakley store or authorized dealer?

I'm just curious. Why buy a product going through an airport at a store you know you won't be coming back to?

Was it a legit Oakley store or authorized dealer?
Duty free? Bargain bin? Forgot to pack sunnies? Found extra cash in the pocket and needed to spend it on Oakley? I know I'd be at a lost with what to do with the cash if it's not spent on Oakley :D

Actually the polarization of LCD screens is an integral part of the technology; it's what turns a generic backlight into the image that we see, simply put.

But rainbow color effects are a common side effect of polarized lenses - you don't just get them from some LCD screens, you can get them from some types of glass or even wet surfaces, sometimes.

At times the effect can be quite striking... Somebody once posted a thread for people to post pics of cool-looking rainbow effects seen through polarized lenses, but other than the OP it didn't get much activity. I think it was because the OP was some major loudmouth douchebag who overuses winky emojis...

One of the things I find it can affect is car bonnets - the paint looks deeper and more lustrous, and it sometimes brings out secondary colours. The bonnets more than the sides because of their horizontal orientation.

Actually the polarization of LCD screens is an integral part of the technology; it's what turns a generic backlight into the image that we see, simply put.

But rainbow color effects are a common side effect of polarized lenses - you don't just get them from some LCD screens, you can get them from some types of glass or even wet surfaces, sometimes.

At times the effect can be quite striking... Somebody once posted a thread for people to post pics of cool-looking rainbow effects seen through polarized lenses, but other than the OP it didn't get much activity. I think it was because the OP was some major loudmouth douchebag who overuses winky emojis...
;):):p

Back