• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This A Fake Kitchen Sink?

Munkee915

Oakley Beginner
I bought this bag off Amazon and I believe the item I received is a fake.

Amazon.com: Oakley Mens Kitchen Sink Backpack: Clothing

Everything on the bag looks legit except a few things.

1. The lower compartment doesnt have the 2 drain holes
2. The straps dont have any storage pockets
3. The waist strap doesnt have storage pockets but instead some kind of slip ring system
4. The top pocket doesnt have any hole to put my headphones through.

What's more confusing is the tag on the bag states "dual mobile electronics holsters" for the shoulders and "extra pockets" on the waist strap which the backpack clearly does not have. Did Oakley make more than one version of these bags or did I get a fake?

I just bought a small icon pack for $30. At the vault. It did not have drain holes.bthe original one that I got a year ago had them. I think oakley stopped putting the drain hole in because it is cheaper to produce.

I believe the newer ones do not have the drain holes. Not too sure about the missing storage pockets. And are you sure you received the Kitchen Sink and not the Bathroom Sink? Maybe they sent you the Bathroom Sink by mistake. Its best you take it down to an Oakley store to check on its authenticity. But i highly doubt its a fake seeing as you ordered it from Amazon.

Also remember this, Oakley has the right to change, update, alter, discontinue, any of their products without notifying you. These updates maybe subtle or major, and should not impact the intended use of the item. It could be a cost effective build issue, or an update that further helps the item. There have been many items Oakley has changed midstream in production....

My first thought was that it was a bathroom sink, except that the bathroom sink does not have the lower shoe compartment or the lower waist strap, and the tag on the bag does say Kitchen Sink. If it was another version of the bag I would understand, but the thing that really throws me is that the tag on the bag listing the features states 2 things:

"Dual moblie electronics holsters on shoulder straps"
"Removable padded waist strap with extra pockets"

Neither of these is actually on the bag I received, but its in the attached tag. If Oakley did remove these in this version of the bag, why would they still include it in the feature list attached to the bag? Also, the bag is not sold directly through Amazon, but through a 3rd part on the Amazon website. It is totally possible that the seller could be selling knock off items. I've seen other knock off small electronics all over Amazon before sold by 3rd party vendors.

Also, I did extensive research on the bag before I decided to buy it. I did not find 1 review or video that showed the bag without the drain holes, headphone port, mobile holsters or waist pockets. I also did not see any pictures depicting the bag without them anywhere on Oakley's website.

I'm upset over this because the extra pockets were part of the reason I bought the bag. If this is a legit other version of the bag I say the seller should have stated so in the sale. I've contacted Oakley to see if they can shed some light on this and confirm if they made a version of the bag without these features, but I probably wont hear back from them for a few days.

Last edited:
I have a few kitchen sinks.....I looked at two of mine today (only the bottom for the drain holes) and 1 has them as it's the regular black kitchen sink and the other one does not and that is the designer leather kitchen sink. Not sure what to say.

I looked around for info on the leather kitchen sink and it looks closer to that, except it isnt leather. It seems that version doesnt have the pockets on the straps and you say it doesnt have the lower holes. Can you double check and see if the waist strap has pockets or not? If not the I guess this is a non leather version of the leather version? In either case I already contacted the seller about returning the item. What still bugs me is that the tag reads off features that the bag does not actually have. I'll just order the next one direct from Oakley next time.

I looked around for info on the leather kitchen sink and it looks closer to that, except it isnt leather. It seems that version doesnt have the pockets on the straps and you say it doesnt have the lower holes. Can you double check and see if the waist strap has pockets or not? If not the I guess this is a non leather version of the leather version? In either case I already contacted the seller about returning the item. What still bugs me is that the tag reads off features that the bag does not actually have. I'll just order the next one direct from Oakley next time.
I can't find my waist strap on my leather kitchen sink.....it's somewhere......
On my regular kitchen sink waist strap it has two little pockets on each side.

I use an Aplinestar bag with a back protector on the bike so I automatically remove the waist strap from my kitchen sinks.

OK. Well now im pretty sure its not a fake, but rather an older version of the bag. I wonder how long ago they made the changes to the current version? Every review and video I saw going back to 2012 showed the pockets and drain holes, so this design must be at least 2 years old? Again, I'm still put off by the fact that the tag lists the pockets on the straps but the bag doesnt actually have them, but at least I didnt get a fake.

Back