• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This Considered Ethical?

BennyBlaze

Oakley Beginner
Horsham, PA
So i'm on e-bay and I see a used pair of Split Jackets. I noticed right away that these are the same ones that are in the Vault right now. I messaged him saying that since they were pretty much new I'll buy them off him if they stay under 99.99 (Vault price). He just replies saying "just trying to get my money's worth back". It's pretty obvious he's trying to get people to bid above the Vault price so he can make a profit. Not everyone knows about the Vault so some people might be stupid enough to bid higher than the Vault price. I don't think that's right at all.
What's everyone's opinion on this?

he can sell them for whatever he wants

+1

its on ebay, so its up to the bidders to determine what the price will be. its like those mph whiskers that come up from time to time on steep and cheap for $46.99 and you see it on ebay for $75. like qban said, its ebay.

If he has special employee-discount pricing or stolen, or whatever and he is trying to make a profit, then I think it is unethical. If, however, he obtains them same as anyone else could, and others don't do the due diligence to get the same price, then if they decide to buy them from him at a price that grants him a profit, then good on him. Mi dos centavos.

i wouldn't do it, but some people clearly would. Recently I was trying to buy a square o hard case and new juliet grips both items on ebay were priced double what they are on oakley.com.
It's way more ethical then all the jerks trying to pass off foakleys as genuine

it is basic capitalism. nothing wrong with that. but as a collector you would wants others to help each other at cost. oakley collector communities have done that in the past and it was great. the hobby was great when collectors do that to build community. but i do not think collectors think that way anymore which is too bad. it is more scalpers and everyone for himself. that is just how it goes.

it is basic capitalism. nothing wrong with that. but as a collector you would wants others to help each other at cost. oakley collector communities have done that in the past and it was great. the hobby was great when collectors do that to build community. but i do not think collectors think that way anymore which is too bad. it is more scalpers and everyone for himself. that is just how it goes.

Yup. To all of it.

There is this super secret way of checking prices, not many know about it but I do... I always use it when looking to purchase something, especially off ebay! But like I said most people dont know about it, so they pay over what some stores are selling for currently... I will disclose it, but you have to promise not to tell anyone that shops on ebay ok!??!

Ready?

Google search it!

Latest Posts

Back