• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This EBay Proposal Sketchy, Or Is It Just Me?

I just got the same message word for word a few hours ago. :dance3: I'm sure he is legit. Just a guy trying to save a few bucks on Oakleys :dance3:

I live in Australia and if you compare the price of any particular pair of Oakley on the U.S. Oakley site to the exact same pair on the AUS Oakley site, we have to pay a more expensive price! Why I'm not sure!?!? I would be more than happy to pay someone in the U.S. a little more to order pairs I wanted from the site and then post them to me here in Australia, would save a ton of money. So maybe it is legit? Who knows..

I got another email this morning from someone in Malaysia asking me to bulk buy on their behalf. Again I said no.

I live in Australia and if you compare the price of any particular pair of Oakley on the U.S. Oakley site to the exact same pair on the AUS Oakley site, we have to pay a more expensive price! Why I'm not sure!?!? I would be more than happy to pay someone in the U.S. a little more to order pairs I wanted from the site and then post them to me here in Australia, would save a ton of money. So maybe it is legit? Who knows..

There are several reasons for this. All sunglasses will be shipped from the US so you have to factor in shipping costs. The price you pay also includes the import fee. Add on top of that fluctuations in the currency exchange rates and prices will always be more. Generally buying from Oakley dealers within your country is cheaper than buying direct from Oakley (at least that is the case in the UK).

Just one example:

U.S. Oakley website - LiveStrong Jawbone = $210
AUS Oakley website - LiveStrong Jawbone = $330

Still fail to see how they justify charging us THAT much more!? A few dollars more, yeah.... But not $120!!!

Funny I also got the exact same e-mail! The "think about all the things you could do with the tons of money you would make" comment just about brought me to my knees lol :laugh: How exactly would I make any money selling for 6% over cost when my cost can be over 80% off retail?? Ridiculous.

Latest Posts

Back