• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is this only an X Metal thing?

The prop65 warning for X Metals most likely refers to anodized/coated frames. It really depends on the specific alloy of the base frame and what treatment was done to it. I wear Ti Pennys and really do not worry about my exposure to Ti. If I was wearing a copper or annodized frame, I still would not really be concerned. The rubber is what touches the skin mostly.
I have carabiners that have the prop65 warning because of the anodizing. My painted steel carabiners from the same company have no prop65 warnings. If an annoy contains nickel, chrome, other heavy metal, that will sometimes prompt a prop65 warning but unless you’re allergic to one or both, it’s not really a concern. All of my German-made tools have prop65 warnings because of the alloys they are made of. So, don’t eat pizza with your pliers, you’ll be fine.
It's such a shame cause the styles were the best out there. Although, there's still light at the end of the tunnel. I'm looking into blinders for my Juliets. Stay safe man👍

Who cares. Go away! This has to be the dumbest post here since I have joined. And I have done environmental chemistry for 22 years.
And that was the most useless, condescending, rude, unhelpful post I've seen since I have joined. And I have multiple psychology degrees for 22 years.
JERRY! JERRY!

freakout-crowd.gif

Latest Posts

Back