• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This RARE/NON PRODUCTION/PROTOTYPE JULIET Legit?

Isn't that already happening with all the customs jobs and even imitations of old Oakley release colorways?
Lines between Oakley and Foakley are getting blurer by the second.

Simple to solve the issue, buy direct from oem or anyone that has a reputable past and actually knows what things are

Really, without the guarantee of authenticity why pay that amount for these if you like the look? Why not just get some Plasma or titanium and polish them clean, then send them off to be anodized to whatever color you want? Custom stuff is cool, it goes wrong when it's misrepresented as something "Oakley original" and not as a custom job. Either way, as others have said, interesting...

Really, without the guarantee of authenticity why pay that amount for these if you like the look? Why not just get some Plasma or titanium and polish them clean, then send them off to be anodized to whatever color you want? Custom stuff is cool, it goes wrong when it's misrepresented as something "Oakley original" and not as a custom job. Either way, as others have said, interesting...

The draw for me was the rarity and that I knew for a long time at least 2 Purple Juliets existed.....I didn't know there were 3. The story I always heard is that it was one of the most rare, if not the rarest Oakley pair out there due to there supposedly only being 2. So when the chance to own one arose I jumped on it.....I do not doubt its originality because it is an exact match in color to the 1 I had been seeing pictures of. Also, the fact that Fear owned the only one 1 ever saw pretty much meant to me that it was the real deal. Fear does not buy knock-off Oakley gear or something he may consider a fake/replica and we all know he has a knack for coming up with some pretty cool/rare Oakley items. We talked for awhile before and after I purchased the Purple Juliet and after that conversation I was sure of my purchase all doubts aside.

The draw for me was the rarity and that I knew for a long time at least 2 Purple Juliets existed.....I didn't know there were 3. The story I always heard is that it was one of the most rare, if not the rarest Oakley pair out there due to there supposedly only being 2. So when the chance to own one arose I jumped on it.....I do not doubt its originality because it is an exact match in color to the 1 I had been seeing pictures of. Also, the fact that Fear owned the only one 1 ever saw pretty much meant to me that it was the real deal. Fear does not buy knock-off Oakley gear or something he may consider a fake/replica and we all know he has a knack for coming up with some pretty cool/rare Oakley items. We talked for awhile before and after I purchased the Purple Juliet and after that conversation I was sure of my purchase all doubts aside.

yup. these are rare too, just havent been buzzing.
Some things are rare but not valuable, yet

Sure, I totally get your purples Dyer, everything made sense about those...they had some history and some mystery tied to them. I'd have done the same thing and jumped on the chance to lock them down...but with these I'm saying if no one has heard any whispers of or no rumors exist...I dunno, seems like it's just not the same. Perhaps they're just not as cool as the purples regardless lol.

i think the question will come into play when something like sky blue juliets start showing up. it will be difficult to determine if they are real. oakley does use third party companies such as vapor tech for x metal coatings so it is not impossible another third party company can use the same process and make it impossible to determine if it is a custom or oakley made.

Back