• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This Time Machine Fake?

Looks fine

Welcome to the forum

Edit.....I thought it looked fine but shot myself in the foot for not looking closer and looking too quick.

Last edited:
I have to call fake.... Possibly...... Big red flag for me is "Oakley" and "Swiss Made" all on same side....biggest red flag is all the letters are the same color as the face. Now I may be wrong here as I'm no MM expert but that was one of the things to look for as I was told. The blue hue of the crystal is throwing me off tho. When you open the clasp, the thin part should say "Titanium Bracelet"..... I've never seen this combo before with "blue" crystal and the letters being the same as the face and being the same color.....hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.....there is a great thread on here that actually uses a Red MM as an example.....see page 4

Here is a real Red MM

a7a7apys.jpg

Real or fake minute machine??? | Oakley Forum

Last edited:
I have to call fake.... Possibly...... Big red flag for me is "Oakley" and "Swiss Made" all on same side....biggest red flag is all the letters are the same color as the face. Now I may be wrong here as I'm no MM expert but that was one of the things to look for as I was told. The blue hue of the crystal is throwing me off tho. When you open the clasp, the thin part should say "Titanium Bracelet"..... I've never seen this combo before with "blue" crystal and the letters being the same as the face and being the same color.....hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.....there is a great thread on here that actually uses a Red MM as an example.....

Real or fake minute machine??? | Oakley Forum
You made me pull mine out of the box. You are right and somehow I missed it. Oakley is on the left and swiss made is on the right. Also my second hand is white and not red. But this watch he is going to buy looks really good. I apologize in advance. :(

You made me pull mine out of the box. You are right and somehow I missed it. Oakley is on the left and swiss made is on the right. Also my second hand is white and not red. But this watch he is going to buy looks really good. I apologize in advance. :(

That "blue" Crystal is really throwing me off.... Maybe they have gotten that good at reproducing. Also do not be fooled by the Icon on the crown. Fakes have those as well......

That "blue" Crystal is really throwing me off.... Maybe they have gotten that good at reproducing. Also do not be fooled by the Icon on the crown. Fakes have those as well......
I'm staring at mine...then the pics....then mine....then pics.....aside from those two differences it is crazy close.
We need a watch guru here.

I think the caseback screws look too recessed. And something about the hex sockets in the bracelet's bolts don't look sharp enough.

In this photo the bracelet hex sockets look stripped almost, especially compared to the (smaller looking) heads at the end links. Which should all be the same size, right?

And this looks like the caseback either doesn't fit, or was butchered.

If it IS legit it's been buggered with. I'd stay away unless it's really cheap. Like $100.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back