• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is This Time Machine Fake?

Hi guys thanks for the quick response, the seller tells me that the watch is a old version time tank, but as a lot of people says, there are a lot of "versions" of theses watches and i am very curious thats an replica, cause its bugging me of these level of details in a cheap replica.
Well, i posted new photos in the link and a video of them working too, if you guys can take a look at the new photos, i will be glad. thanks again!

There are two generation of Minute Machine, 1st gen has the Oakley and swiss on one side only and the 2nd gen has the Oakley on the other side and swiss made on the opposite side, and the blue hue is because of the anti-reflective of the sapphire crystal, But something is off with the clasp which is it has to be intact and not something like loose and the screw at the back which is too deep, and last thing I notice is the 3 holes on the opposite side of the crown which is too thin

Clasp wasn't supposed to be like that ^

And the three holes looks off to me, hex bolts are way too flat which is supposed to be a little bit rounded

Screws are too deep and the details are too thick

Last edited by a moderator:

look at this oakley video, the 0:15 second have one minute machine red and this is practically the same as my photos except for the white marker of seconds.

thats really the only thing a see, i wish someone help to get us an answer =)

look at this oakley video, the 0:15 second have one minute machine red and this is practically the same as my photos except for the white marker of seconds.

thats really the only thing a see, i wish someone help to get us an answer =)

So, guys, this is a fake? i am sad because i was thinking thats an opportunity for me to get one MM. =/

I think it's real. Here's pics of ones I've had. Placement of Oakley and Swiss made obviously can be different. I've never seen one with color matched text though. Rustpot raises good points with the bolts tho. They don't look right. But the crystal is def sapphire. If it's a fake it's damn good. Anyway to weigh it?

Edit: I guess the silver and copper face I had did have color matched text. Never noticed that before. I'd say it's real.

zu6y5aby.jpg

ebynarag.jpg

uhuju6ej.jpg

I think it's real. Here's pics of ones I've had. Placement of Oakley and Swiss made obviously can be different. I've never seen one with color matched text though. Rustpot raises good points with the bolts tho. They don't look right. But the crystal is def sapphire. If it's a fake it's damn good. Anyway to weigh it?

Edit: I guess the silver and copper face I had did have color matched text. Never noticed that before. I'd say it's real.

zu6y5aby.jpg

ebynarag.jpg

uhuju6ej.jpg
Thaks Qtrain, but how about the white marker of seconds? Mine MM have a red one, you think its original yet?

Latest Posts

Back