• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is Wearing Sunglasses All Day Bad For You....

I often wear my Oak's even on overcast days, that bright wihte cloud cover can strain my eyes a lot. I dont care if it's silly or what, but it works.

i definitely do notice not being able to go out especially this time of year with bright sunlight all day long without sunglasses.

I wear mine in the UK just about every day. Depending on weather condition depends on the lens I choose. My eyes seam sensitive the light & I seam to have to squint during the day if its a clear day without sunlight. AS soon as I put my glasses on i'm able to open my eyes fully. Its the same if i'm sat inside my house & the sunlight comes through the windows. I'd say if it stops you squinting & overworking your eye muscles then that must be good.

I wear mine in the UK just about every day. Depending on weather condition depends on the lens I choose. My eyes seam sensitive the light & I seam to have to squint during the day if its a clear day without sunlight. AS soon as I put my glasses on i'm able to open my eyes fully. Its the same if i'm sat inside my house & the sunlight comes through the windows. I'd say if it stops you squinting & overworking your eye muscles then that must be good.

Pretty much, I feel less tired than usual when I'm wearing. I rather help my sight and have it as much as I can than lose it.

^^^ lol

seriously, like rustpot said, i think its better if you wear your sunglasses all day if your expose to the sun like you said. its the same here in az like in texas where its almost sunny the whole year and everytime i'm out, i always wear my sunglasses, oakleys that is!

I've gotten to the point that I usually don't even take off my glasses when I get to where I'm going. I'll just walk around the mall or wherever with them on.

I've gotten to the point that I usually don't even take off my glasses when I get to where I'm going. I'll just walk around the mall or wherever with them on.

It depends on the tint I'm wearing. If it's a dark 10% or something I usually take them off. If it's a VR28 kind of day chances are it's about as bright inside and I'm already adjusted, I forget to take them off.

Over time if you reduce your exposure to bright light your eyes become more sensitive to it. I've done this for years and while my night vision is incredible I can't walk outside without sunglasses on, even on overcast days. Not really bad for you but something to keep in mind.

That's the one thing I've noticed as well.

Back when I was 16 and got my first drivers license I had to take an eye exam and ultimately failed (by a small margin) so I had to get corrective prescription eyewear to drive. When I renewed my license at 18 I took the exam again and passed with flying colors. I never wore my glasses so my eyes naturally got better. Weird huh? My eyes have always been sensitive to light though but I haven't started wearing glasses until the last 2 years or so. I've now noticed though that my eyes are even more sensitive and I can't leave the house without my glasses. I've started wearing lighter tinted lenses though to help compensate a little bit and honestly I like it a little better.

Latest Posts

Back