• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Issues with Ebay, or USPS, or Papyal?

Sassamasquach

Oakley Enthusiast
Chicago, IL
I purchased a pair of flight jacket frames from ebay last week, any everything was great, until the package was supposedly "delivered", but was not. I was sitting next to my front window late in the evening when I received a txt from USPS telling me that my package was delivered. However, nobody came to my door and certainly, nobody delivered the package. I filed a claim with the post office, but they said that the package was GPS tracked and that there was no way that the package wasn't delivered and to the correct address. The woman at USPS said to contact the seller for a refund?! Clearly this is not fair for seller or buyer, but I don;t know what to do here. I messaged the ebay seller, who also contacted the post office, and he was told that I had to work it out with my local post office. Unfortunately, the package was sent first class without insurance. Am I out of luck? Or does paypal or ebay protect against USPS negligence?

I’ve had this happen a few times where they said it was delivered and it wasn’t. I was also told the same... that it is gps tracked when scanned and it was delivered to my door. Well, I have cameras on all my exterior doors and told them they were full of ****. After investigation, they figured out it was delivered to a neighbor 3 houses down. Those cameras saved my ass so many times. I would recommend everyone at least have one to cover their porch especially considering the value of items we deal with.

Those texts from the carriers don’t always happen right away. The package could have been on your porch for an hour of so before getting the text. Someone could have stole it. —Also possibly delivered to a neighbors door by mistake. If you haven’t already, check all around your house. There have been times where I thought I never got it but the carrier left it in some weird spot like at the back of my house behind a trash can. One time when I lived in an apartment, they left it with the front office for some reason when they had always delivered to my door before. The office told me about it a couple days later. Other than that, you are probably out of luck unless you bought it on a credit card and your credit card offers purchase protection.

Last edited:
Those texts from the carriers don’t always happen right away. The package could have been on your porch for an hour of so before getting the text. Someone could have stole it. —Also possibly delivered to a neighbors door by mistake. If you haven’t already, check all around your house. There have been times where I thought I never got it but the carrier left it in some weird spot like at the back of my house behind a trash can. One time when I lived in an apartment, they left it with the front office for some reason when they had always delivered to my door before. The office told me about it a couple days later. Other than that, you are probably out of luck unless you bought it on a credit card and your credit card offers purchase protection.
Thanks for that. I'll check my back yard and alley again shortly. I also about it being possibly delivered to a neighbor and about the time accuracy, and the supervisor said that the GPS is very accurate and time-stamped, so there is no way that the details weren't completely accurate. What really annoys me is that I got literally ZERO empathy. I get that things happen, but to just brush off my issue as a "whatever" is unacceptable.

I’ve had this happen a few times where they said it was delivered and it wasn’t. I was also told the same... that it is gps tracked when scanned and it was delivered to my door. Well, I have cameras on all my exterior doors and told them they were full of ****. After investigation, they figured out it was delivered to a neighbor 3 houses down. Those cameras saved my ass so many times. I would recommend everyone at least have one to cover their porch especially considering the value of items we deal with.
I'm kicking myself for not installing the ring doorbell I bought during Prime Days recently.

You can go to your local USPS and request a printed GPS location. Ive had this exact issue happen, and USPS denied the claim. I mailed a copy of the GPS pinpoint and it was my crooked neighbors house 347 vs 437 address. He said he never saw it. whatever. I got the money issued.

You can go to your local USPS and request a printed GPS location. Ive had this exact issue happen, and USPS denied the claim. I mailed a copy of the GPS pinpoint and it was my crooked neighbors house 347 vs 437 address. He said he never saw it. whatever. I got the money issued.
Wow, that' good to know. I'll stop in there and do that!

If you made it on my porch, you'd have to go through 300ft of two private easements, two locked gates, and two rottweilers. Never mind my birds eye view and cameras..

This happened to me couple times before ... once was when my FMJ watch was en route ... got notification it was delivered and no one ever showed up.. it was sent through registered mail which pissed me off more because it’s supposedly their most secure delivery system.. brought my ring doorbell video log ready to chew someone out.. but my package was at the post office.. stupid courier was lazy and scanned it but brought package back with them..

As far as your issue see if they will provide a geotag location and picture ... this happened to me with another misdelivered package and when I saw the front image of the geotag I told the clerk that is not my house .. I did some investigating and it was another house with same address number but similar/different street name

Latest Posts

Back