• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Issues with Ebay, or USPS, or Papyal?

I purchased a pair of flight jacket frames from ebay last week, any everything was great, until the package was supposedly "delivered", but was not. I was sitting next to my front window late in the evening when I received a txt from USPS telling me that my package was delivered. However, nobody came to my door and certainly, nobody delivered the package. I filed a claim with the post office, but they said that the package was GPS tracked and that there was no way that the package wasn't delivered and to the correct address. The woman at USPS said to contact the seller for a refund?! Clearly this is not fair for seller or buyer, but I don;t know what to do here. I messaged the ebay seller, who also contacted the post office, and he was told that I had to work it out with my local post office. Unfortunately, the package was sent first class without insurance. Am I out of luck? Or does paypal or ebay protect against USPS negligence?
I've had this issued a few times. In short, as long as it shows delivered it's hard to dispute through PayPal or eBay. It's doable, as some have said below, but difficult.

We buy a lot from Amazon - we bought a Ring camera when a package went missing. Never had issues since. I had the exact same happen to me 5 years ago with a David Flores Gascan - never saw the pair or cash :(

We buy a lot from Amazon - we bought a Ring camera when a package went missing. Never had issues since. I had the exact same happen to me 5 years ago with a David Flores Gascan - never saw the pair or cash :(
I hear a lot about USPS drivers marking packages as delivered to meet their times. Luckily UPS, FedEx and Amazon use a geofence. I talked to an Amazon driver at a hotel and he said if he is in an area with poor GPS coverage he actually has to call in to dispatch to have a package marked as delivered.

I hear a lot about USPS drivers marking packages as delivered to meet their times. Luckily UPS, FedEx and Amazon use a geofence. I talked to an Amazon driver at a hotel and he said if he is in an area with poor GPS coverage he actually has to call in to dispatch to have a package marked as delivered.
I know people hate Amazon, but I appreciate that they take photos of the package being delivered. Made it really easy to track down a package that accidentally went to a neighbors

I know people hate Amazon, but I appreciate that they take photos of the package being delivered. Made it really easy to track down a package that accidentally went to a neighbors
I've had no issues with them when they have delivered.

That’s been my only issue out of the hundreds of items I’ve bought over the years
That's good! I've had a few issues with Amazon but they were either USPS related or I didn't buy from Amazon directly.

It’s incredible that they just leave a package on the porch and mark it as delivered. Over here (UK) you get a card through the door and have to rearrange delivery or collect from the depot. More effort sure, but harder for stuff to go awol.

It’s incredible that they just leave a package on the porch and mark it as delivered. Over here (UK) you get a card through the door and have to rearrange delivery or collect from the depot. More effort sure, but harder for stuff to go awol.
I don’t mind it. I’ve never had anyone come to my porch to steal a package. Our house is pretty far off of the street (considering we are in suburbia) and we’ve got cameras everywhere now. Even so, I’ve never had one taken/stolen directly off of my property before. Even when I was living in an apartment, where packages were just left in a pile for everyone to grab, never had one stolen there (shockingly)

I bought a complete Oakley Penny for $600 the other day. Somehow, the seller added a tracking number that showed it shipped a day BEFORE I made the purchase. I notified eBay of this and the potential that it was a fraudulent listing. When it showed as delivered, of course, there was nothing at the door. I notified eBay of this again and they ruled the case in the seller's favor (0 feedback). It took 3-4 hours of my time and yelling at incompetent employees to get my money back.

Absolute disgrace, a moron could've figured out this was a scam.

Back