• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Issues with lighting with my 3.0 case

Devin Fowler

Oakley Expert
I recently picked up a 3.0 case. Im having issues with the light on the top half. I know nothing about these type of electronics. The light that illuminates the oakley logo was out when i took it apart i found that the single stage box had fallen off. I then placed it back where it should go in((in the vertical postion)). When i did that, the light came on it would stay on. It seemed like there was a bad ground. I played with it and it would come on and off. I took it out of the vertical position and laid in horizontal postion and the light came on and stayed on. When that light came on and stayed on, the four led lights cut off. I have done everything i can think to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I recently picked up a 3.0 case. Im having issues with the light on the top half. I know nothing about these type of electronics. The light that illuminates the oakley logo was out when i took it apart i found that the single stage box had fallen off. I then placed it back where it should go in((in the vertical postion)). When i did that, the light came on it would stay on. It seemed like there was a bad ground. I played with it and it would come on and off. I took it out of the vertical position and laid in horizontal postion and the light came on and stayed on. When that light came on and stayed on, the four led lights cut off. I have done everything i can think to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My suggestion is to have an electrician friend (if you have one) or even a guy who does auto alarms (again, if you know a guy) take a look at it and then just redo it all to LED for you before you end up burning the house down.

Not that you are in danger of burning the house down......but just to be safer. ;)

My suggestion is to have an electrician friend (if you have one) or even a guy who does auto alarms (again, if you know a guy) take a look at it and then just redo it all to LED for you before you end up burning the house down.

Not that you are in danger of burning the house down......but just to be safer. ;)
Awesome thanks. I didnt know that you could convert the standard lighting system to an all led system. the house, burn down lol im not so much worried about as long as i can save my oakley's lol.

Back