• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Issues With Stuck Movement On Holeshot - Watch Masters ASSEMBLE!

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I have an older Holeshot that I sent to Oakley for a battery replacement a few months ago but it turns out it had a defective movement. Oakley said they unfortunately don't carry the replacement parts anymore so there was nothing I could do except have them send it back to me. I'm wondering if maybe the gears need to be oiled or something, or if the entire movement could be replaced by an independent jewelry shop. This isn't what I wanted to do but if it makes the watch work I would be happy to consider it. Has anyone had anything like this done by someone other than Oakley?

That sounds like exactly what happened to me with my TB1. Sent it in and they replaced the capacitor and about 6 months later the movement completely died and they said they had no parts. They gave me a credit toward another watch. Sort of wish I had got it back to see if any body else could fix it... but I do like the TBII that I replaced it with.

Great - my Holeshot just stopped working last week and I assumed it was the battery because I've had it 4+ years, but now I'm worried! Since it is out of warranty, if I take it somewhere else to change the battery and it is the movement, will Oakley still give me some credit towards a new watch if I send it to them? Or is that something they still do?

So I went to the local jewelry shop and they quoted me $129 for a new Swiss movement set. Ouch! More than I wanted to spend. :sad:

Not for nothing...... It sucks because they still sell the watch, but dont have parts to repair it? Hmmmmmm

They only have the Holeshot Chrono, which has a different movement if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I might just sell it for parts for $50.

What's the size of the case? $129 for a Swiss movement is pretty decent, depending on what movement they're using and how closely the Holeshot case matches (how much work it might take).

If you're sticking with Quartz go with an Asian movement, you don't need Swiss unless you want an automatic.

Latest Posts

Back