• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

It All Started When I Was Younger….

Tech Guru

Oakley Expert
My first plasma Juliet started it all for me, it was around 2004-2005, my first pair had the lenses swapped for RUBY lenses at the store and later acquired some Ducati red rubber from Oakley Headquarters. Over the years this Frame was lost to the sands of time and replaced by a gift from my Wife in 2009 of a Carbon Juliet Ducati which I used daily till the lenses needed to be replaced…. Yes I replaced them with RUBY lenses of course and continued my daily use!!! I had this frame until December 2013 when I lost them on the day I returned from a trip??!! I WANTED TO REPLACE THEM WITH X METALS BUT…. Thats when I found out that X Metals had been DISCONTINUED...

Fast forward a few months to the beginning of April 2014 and the Ferrari Carbon Blades caught my eye. YES they’re not X Metals but they came with RUBY lenses and red accents one of my favorite looks/ lenses. To top it all off they’re made with Carbon Fiber and Titanium, SEXY! I was again gifted a pair from my Wife and proceeded to enjoy them for about 15 days… The Carbon Blades lens broke free of the frame near the hinge on on one side taking the screw with the lens, and thus I started warranty replacement work with Oakley. I jumped through some hoops as the frames are so new they had not been put into the system yet for warranty registration let alone replacement…. The carbon blades while fancy can’t hold a candle to the X Metal Frame Strength and Eye Protection…

While dealing with all of that warranty stuff THIS FOURM GAVE ME THE X METAL BUG!!! and I started acquiring frames! Since June I’ve acquired 13 pairs of X Metal Oakley frames… and theres more in the mail!

VERY HAPPY TO JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!

THANKS!!!!

Last edited:
My first plasma Juliet started it all for me, it was around 2004-2005, my first pair had the lenses swapped for RUBY lenses at the store and later acquired some Ducati red rubber from Oakley Headquarters. Over the years this Frame was lost to the sands of time and replaced by a gift from my Wife in 2009 of a Carbon Juliet Ducati which I used daily till the lenses needed to be replaced…. Yes I replaced them with RUBY lenses of course and continued my daily use!!! I had this frame until December 2013 when I lost them on the day I returned from a trip??!! I WANTED TO REPLACE THEM WITH X METALS BUT…. Thats when I found out that X Metals had been DISCONTINUED...

Fast forward a few months to the beginning of April 2014 and the Ferrari Carbon Blades caught my eye. YES they’re not X Metals but they came with RUBY lenses and red accents one of my favorite looks/ lenses. To top it all off they’re made with Carbon Fiber and Titanium, SEXY! I was again gifted a pair from my Wife and proceeded to enjoy them for about 15 days… The Carbon Blades lens broke free of the frame near the hinge on on one side taking the screw with the lens, and thus I started warranty replacement work with Oakley. I jumped through some hoops as the frames are so new they had not been put into the system yet for warranty registration let alone replacement…. The carbon blades while fancy can’t hold a candle to the X Metal Frame Strength and Eye Protection…

While dealing with all of that warranty stuff THIS FOURM GAVE ME THE X METAL BUG!!! and I started acquiring frames! Since June I’ve acquired 12 pairs of X Metal Oakley frames… and theres more in the mail!

VERY HAPPY TO JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!

THANKS!!!!
Hobby? Obsession? SICKNESS BABY SICKNESS!!! Come on get DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS!!

Heres a Pict of the Ferrari's I plan to post a few collection threads soon...
Ferrari Collection.jpg

Hobby? Obsession? SICKNESS BABY SICKNESS!!! Come on get DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS!!
IM DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS!!

Last edited:
XSquared4.jpg
XSquared3.jpg

Also I had some ice lenses to install but.... Ive ordered 3 sets this month 2 separate orders and the left lens on each set is to large for the frame on every set I received. My conclusion is that, currently all ice lenses sets in stock at oakley.com are incorrectly sized!!!! I've spoken with a supervisor in returns and until they sort all that ill be waiting for a few properly cut lenses...

Back