• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

It starts innocently enough

Bonus points if you can name the amazing guitarist in the first pic.

Surprised someone hasn't answered that one already... Joe Walsh.

Really, carguy, there are many awesome collections here but only some are truly epic, and yours is one of them. Not just the quantity but also the quality, and the condition and display.

When I met GRFM at the Dallas meetup last year, one of my regrets was not spending more time talking with him. Specifically, he had brought a lot of stuff but we just talked about a few pieces, among other things. If I had a chance to do it again, I would have asked him to walk me through what he'd brought, saying whatever he wanted to say about each piece, and just have listened and absorbed.

The same applies to your stuff. I always really enjoy when you take the time to put together a pictorial like this, and I can only imagine what it'd be like to see it in person. I would love to just stand there and have you tell me anything you wanted to say about any of the pieces as I admired them.

Kudos!!

Last edited:
Surprised someone hasn't answered that one already... Joe Walsh.
Really, carguy, there are many awesome collections here but only some are truly epic, and yours is one of them. Not just the quantity but also the quality, and the condition and display.
When I met GRFM at the Dallas meetup last year, one of my regrets was not spending more time talking with him. Specifically, he had brought a lot of stuff but we just talked about a few pieces, among other things. If I had a chance to do it again, I would have asked him to walk me through what he'd brought, saying whatever he wanted to say about each piece, and have just listened and absorbed.
The same applies to your stuff. I always really enjoy when you take the time to put together a pictorial like this, and I can only imagine what it'd be like to see it in person. I would love to just stand there and have you tell me anything you wanted to say about any of the pieces as I admired them.
Kudos!!

Correct, that's The Bomber! Live From Daryl's House was on while I was shooting- I like to keep Paladia going in the background while I play in the cave. Joe went to my son's school (Kent State) for a whole semester and then he was off to the James Gang. The rest as they say is history but I'm sure college life was more his style than actual college. Very good that he got sober too...

I greatly appreciate the kind words, @kronin323 , I feel similarly about the people that I have met through this hobby. I appreciate your intellect, really enjoy reading your posts and I truly wish that you and I could have gotten together when I was down in your neck of the woods. I know that a couple beers with you would quickly turn hilarious... Greg is a nice guy; we met VERY briefly at RED but a gearhead and an Oakley guy is precisely the sort of person that I would get along with famously.

Ya never know, tx2k is a cool event and while I don't think I'll have my StopTechs installed by then there is always next year. Life is a long road and I'm sure that our paths will cross outside the virtual realm!

Last edited:
Back