• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

It's Possible. Romeo 2.0 Custom Lens Cutting thread

Yes, I understand that. I also thought it was relevant to this thread. It's one thing to say that lenses can be cut, its another thing completely on whether they fit or not. I will make a deal thread, but also wanted to add this to the relevant thread.

Pics pics! :)

Pics pics! :)
Here are pics of the two sets. Tungsten Iridium and Black Iridium.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hello everyone!

I did not realise successfully cutting an R2 would generate a forum topic! :)

And yes to answer all speculations, donor is big taco with the same curvature and still fits right through the centre. And is perfect fit to the frame.

View attachment 95136 View attachment 95137 View attachment 95138

Okay today I successfully cut another 1, this time the tungsten iridium without wasting lenses in the process but definitely takes longer to cut than other frames, even longer than the Romeo 1 frame.

View attachment 95139

So probably it will take sometime to master cutting the R2 lenses.
Anyone who wants it, who can PM me but at the moment only black and tungsten iridium are the only colors available.
Thanks!

PM sent

Glad to hear they can be cut successfully for the r2! I really enjoy wearing them although sometimes you forget you have them on at all as they are just so light. I've managed to track down an oem gold irid lens eventually but this is great news :)

I have just got around to changing the the lenses I received from Salj838, Great service, here are a couple of pics, first one showing old and new lenses and the second with the new lenses in the frames.
DSC00429.JPG
DSC00431.JPG

Back