• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

It's Rolex time!

Not me :wink:

I love motorsports but I can not watch it on tv. I find it so uneventful on tv. Only 18 hours and 40 minuets left though.

Edit: surprisingly there are a lot of teenagers in this race.

Not me :wink:

I love motorsports but I can not watch it on tv. I find it so uneventful on tv. Only 18 hours and 40 minuets left though.

Edit: surprisingly there are a lot of teenagers in this race.
who better to drive endurance races than teenagers haha.
But i hear you on tv races, they are incredibly boring. Being at an actual race, feeling the wind blow by from the cars speeding by at 190mph', smelling the burnt rubber and race fuel, the sounds, it's almost as good as sex. :eek:) I was at a indy car race at laguna seca in '96 and could not believe how loud the cars were, how fast they go by. tv doesn't do a race justice :(

who better to drive endurance races than teenagers haha.
But i hear you on tv races, they are incredibly boring. Being at an actual race, feeling the wind blow by from the cars speeding by at 190mph', smelling the burnt rubber and race fuel, the sounds, it's almost as good as sex. :eek:) I was at a indy car race at laguna seca in '96 and could not believe how loud the cars were, how fast they go by. tv doesn't do a race justice :(

Hahahaha. I know I couldn't do a race for long. The road will all start to blend together after a while. I would go nuts if I had to be in that fire suit with the neck brace and so on for that long amount of time. It's been so long since I have been to a race. A couple of months ago I was at the drag strip though. Some nice cars out there running. I was with a local camaro club am a part of

I believe they have a certain number of drivers that do shifts every couple of hours or so. I know the Lemans series has some sort of rule about that. Speed.com streamed the 12 hours of sebring i think, last year.
haha, you do sort of get into a rythem and everything really starts becoming muscle memory then bam you wreck. Those fire suits have got to be so grose after a while, and uncomfortable. At least if you were sponsored by Oakley, you get some sick Oakley racing gear ! NO good races around me, except MOTOGP at laguna seca.

I forgot, speaking of american lemans series, Peugot pulled out of the series immediately due to the crumbling economy, and i think they wanted to focus more on production cars...real shame, finally a company that was kicking audi's butt.

I believe they have a certain number of drivers that do shifts every couple of hours or so. I know the Lemans series has some sort of rule about that. Speed.com streamed the 12 hours of sebring i think, last year.
haha, you do sort of get into a rythem and everything really starts becoming muscle memory then bam you wreck. Those fire suits have got to be so grose after a while, and uncomfortable. At least if you were sponsored by Oakley, you get some sick Oakley racing gear ! NO good races around me, except MOTOGP at laguna seca.

I forgot, speaking of american lemans series, Peugot pulled out of the series immediately due to the crumbling economy, and i think they wanted to focus more on production cars...real shame, finally a company that was kicking audi's butt.

Yea generally speaking the switching of drivers is a rule for safety reasons. Those endurance races take some major skill. Seeing the Rolex reminds me of when britt top gear was entered into a endurance race and the three presntors and the stig were racing and one of the presenters just dozed of and crashed. I give props to the teams and drivers that to through all of that even though they get paied pretty well

Yea generally speaking the switching of drivers is a rule for safety reasons. Those endurance races take some major skill. Seeing the Rolex reminds me of when britt top gear was entered into a endurance race and the three presntors and the stig were racing and one of the presenters just dozed of and crashed. I give props to the teams and drivers that to through all of that even though they get paied pretty well
I see a camaro lol.
Those Mazda Rx-8's sound pretty damn nice.

Wow didn't know about the top gear team before. lol...i bet that was a nice drive back to the garage.

Watching some of the race
Would have liked to see more Corvette's in the GT class.
Hopefully the Corvette DP has a good showing.

I see a camaro lol.
Those Mazda Rx-8's sound pretty damn nice.

Wow didn't know about the top gear team before. lol...i bet that was a nice drive back to the garage.

They were racing a nicely modified BMW 3 series. They talked about how absolutely terrifying the night portion is because you don't really develop night vision and can't spot corners for ****. Then the Stig posts faster qual times at night :eek:

I've seen a couple of these videos- they make normal GT style racing look like kids in go carts compared to F1
Speed Comparison: GT vs. F1 - YouTube

They were racing a nicely modified BMW 3 series. They talked about how absolutely terrifying the night portion is because you don't really develop night vision and can't spot corners for ****. Then the Stig posts faster qual times at night :eek:

I've seen a couple of these videos- they make normal GT style racing look like kids in go carts compared to F1
Speed Comparison: GT vs. F1 - YouTube
thats not a completely fair video, vid on left is people on a open track day driving around the track...but still, it shows the insane speed capabilities of F1 cars. The V10 cars were even more monsterous.
Oh, and Eau Rouge is arguably one of the greatest portions of track on any circuit. The g-forces those F1 drivers experience is unhuman.