• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I've been Jacked!

For all that wonder how. Let me first say as I was brought up in a decade where you wouldn't take a penny from a rich man, you wouldn't dare say a smart word to an elder and you for sure respected your parents. Being so honest I tend to forget that there are people in this would peddling their children, stealing the rent money from their grandparents causing them eviction, and grandparents having their grandchildren sell drugs for them. So I always expect the same honest respectful people that I am. I trust to easy and always give the benefit of the doubt until given a reason to think otherwise. This is changing as of this week. I will no longer give trust. Trust will need to be earned. If that hurts someone's feelings so be it. This is the last time I get taken. One thing I am good at is showing up for court so in the event formal charges are brought against this scum bag I will make sure it is seen through to the end.

There are still good people around. The guy I bought my case from wasn't going to be home, so he put the case out in his driveway and asked me to leave the money inside a little container that he had placed outside of the house. I could have easily loaded up the case and left with my friend, but I left him the correct amount of $ and sent him a text thanking him for the case. He texted me when he got home saying they money was all there and thanked me for picking it up. Trust and good people are still around. Sorry this happened to you.

There are still good people around. The guy I bought my case from wasn't going to be home, so he put the case out in his driveway and asked me to leave the money inside a little container that he had placed outside of the house. I could have easily loaded up the case and left with my friend, but I left him the correct amount of $ and sent him a text thanking him for the case. He texted me when he got home saying they money was all there and thanked me for picking it up. Trust and good people are still around. Sorry this happened to you.

+1 to this. Too much tut-tutting in this thread IMHO. None of us have perfect opsec... we just pick our moments of high and low situational awareness as best we can. Tut-tutting makes a humbling revelation even moreso. A bad thing happened to a good guy. I'm sure @lawman0210 would already do things differently going forward without the monday morning quarterbacks dropping back into the pocket over and over. I tend to trust Oakley folk too but, like lawman, I will not hesitate to take MF'ers to the mat if that's the direction things turn.

Its stories like this that brings me to hardly ever trust anyone, let alone have people in my house.
I'm in a pretty good position in regards to this, as i don't know too many people around where i live to call friends.
Moved over from the UK to the states, and cant believe i see so many cards unlocked,windows down etc.. its crazy.
I hope there's good progress in catching these thieving gits,,good luck

Latest Posts

Back