• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I've been very busy today!

Eckstream1

Addicted to O
Reading, Pa
So I got a crazy steal on CL today....
Found a fresh listing for two pairs... No models listed and no pictures. Didn't even have a price!

So I sent a text message... The guy didn't have any clue to what models they were so I asked him to snap me a pic.
I get the (barely legible) pics.... Looks like a Black Gascan and White Fuel Cell!
The guy says just make an offer... So I offer $60 and he accepts!

Thats when I notice in the pic that the Gascans have wood Icons and some green on the right arm!!!!!! Bob Burnquist Gascan!!!!!
utf-8BSU1BRzEwNzguanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwNzkuanBn.jpg

White Fuel Cell-
utf-8BSU1BRzEwODAuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwODEuanBn.jpg

Not a bad score! The frames on both are a bit scuffed... But lenses are flawless! I also didn't get bags or boxes... But thats CL for Ya!
If anyone is willing to part with a Bob Burnquist bag please PM me!

So on the way home I decide to stop in at the mall... They have a sporting goods store that sell Oaks.
I was browsing the case when a guy walked up and asked if he could help....
I asked if he had any display materials he wasn't using and he said sure!

So I got two small display cards and a unused Lens Superiority display for FREE!

utf-8BSU1BRzEwODIuanBn.jpg

So the guy says to me... "Man, you just missed it!" "We just got rid of the old (Metal Double) display case... We just gave it away!" :mad::mad::mad:

Either way... He says stop back once a month and I'll have some stuff set aside for you! :cool:

All in all... I think it was a good day!

Attachments

• utf-8BSU1BRzEwNzguanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzEwNzguanBn.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 193
  • utf-8BSU1BRzEwNzkuanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzEwNzkuanBn.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 205
  • utf-8BSU1BRzEwODAuanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzEwODAuanBn.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 231
  • utf-8BSU1BRzEwODEuanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzEwODEuanBn.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 221
  • utf-8BSU1BRzEwODIuanBn.jpg
    utf-8BSU1BRzEwODIuanBn.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 221
I'll give you $30 for those Gascans. ;)
Hehe... I got something special planned for them! :wink:

Nice pickups...congrats!!
Thanks! I've been on fire with CL lately!

Nice pick ups & sounds like you've found a good contact at that shop too.
I'm hoping it works out to be a good contact! I threw him a couple bucks for helping me out so that should help!

nice nice
Thanks man!

Eckstream1 said:
So I got two small display cards and a unused Lens Superiority display for FREE!

So the guy says to me... "Man, you just missed it!" "We just got rid of the old (Metal Double) display case... We just gave it away!" :mad::mad::mad:

Either way... He says stop back once a month and I'll have some stuff set aside for you! :cool:

All in all... I think it was a good day!

I have the whole sealed pack that those come in..that's cool that he's setting things aside for you, but once a month? That's way too often they'll run out of things to give...anyways nice gascan and great score on the POP displays. I get all my display cards, stands, etc. for free. Waiting to get a free case! Ha!

Back