• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

J Serial X Metal Juliet

xmetal40

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
USA
image.jpg
Bought off Craigslist for $87 (shipping included). Questions: very rare? Finish hold up well?

Right lens scratched pretty good, but left proved to be good. Replaced w/titanium polarized. Nose is about an 7 or 8. I like them!

J is for Just an early X Metal Juliet.
Does it have the cross-hatching on the nose bomb attachment points like I showed you at my house?
The finish should hold up as well as any other x metal finish, it's just an earlier XMetal / Black (non-polar) pair.

Cross hatching looks like this:
CH.jpg

You see it on cylinder walls of engines and on the backstraps/ foregrips of weapons as well as an art drawing technique..
Basically you engrave crossed lines in a material to facilitate grip.
Early Juliets have crosshatching on the nose bomb mounts.

Im going to have to check my X serial to see if it has this.
Cross hatching looks like this:
View attachment 161687
You see it on cylinder walls of engines and on the backstraps/ foregrips of weapons as well as an art drawing technique..
Basically you engrave crossed lines in a material to facilitate grip.
Early Juliets have crosshatching on the nose bomb mounts.

Im going to have to check my X serial to see if it has this.
Me too, I have one in the teens, one in the 40s and one in the low 100s (all 000s) - will be interesting to see where the cut off is.

Barnaby, im at a loss.ive been checking my mail everyday since ive paid for the lenses, I havent seen a thing.if they delievered it to the wrong addy it wouldnt suprise me but it didnt come to my box

Back