• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"J" ... The New REAL Oakley?

i would think he would have had to have signed a non compete agreement with Luxotica. I hope he didnt. I cant force myself to buy any of the new garbage they sell now. Luxotica killed this ichonic brand.

i would think he would have had to have signed a non compete agreement with Luxotica. I hope he didnt. I cant force myself to buy any of the new garbage they sell now. Luxotica killed this ichonic brand.
Or it had a 10 year sunset, seeing as we're drawing nearer to that mark on the calendar (or we've passed it depending, but we're close to the sweet spot).

After Jim Jannard announced how sad he was at the killing of his brand Oakley, on his Facebook page, Jim released this on his page:

Our new project.

1. It is not world peace. I only wish we could deliver.

2. It is not energy related. We will leave that up to Elon Musk.

3. It is not time travel. That is just not going to happen.

4. It is not about saving wildlife. Although I am fully engaged in that cause.

5. It is not VR... which I think is as obsolete as 3D. No one has just acknowledged this yet.

6. It is not AR... which I think is doomed from the start because no one wants to walk around wearing a headset. Think about it.

Every once in awhile everything changes. That's what we have.

In 2006 I asked everyone to trust me. We delivered 4k on a compact flash card for $17,500 when Sony was selling 1080P for $225K to an SR deck.

As of now, RED cameras have shot "The Hobbit", "Transformers", "The Pirates of the Caribbean", "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", and the upcoming "Avatar 2, 3 and 4". And much more. See red.com... Shot on RED.

Once again, I am asking you to trust me.

This is the single most important thing I have ever worked on or been involved with.

News coming... tell your friends. It is for everyone.

Dr. Chop did a little investigation and found this:

J Trademark Application of James H. Jannard - Serial Number 86765150 :: Justia Trademarks

Are we looking into the brilliant mind of Oakley again?

Time to dump the subpar Oakley and what it has become, and jump on board "J"??? Time will tell very shortly!

There was talk of this many months elsewhere, if you notice the filing date of September 2015. A store manager in Scottsdale actually brought this patented filing speculation up to me when we were talking about Oakley history and where its headed in the future. Regardless of what exactly he gets back into specifically with this new venture, you can guarantee it will be worth while to that market based of his previous business history.

Yes it will. I watched the special on Luxotica a few months ago and totally lost interest in collecting. They have destroyed what Jim built from the ground up. How they basically forced him to sell to them is almost criminal in my opinion. They have cornered the market with merchandise I have no care to own. For us true collectors that remember how much effort was put into making the older styles it would be awesome to see Jim back

Back