• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jacked Up My Fast Jacket Lenses..

Just an update. Called Oakley this morning and got the same story. Busy season, new glasses, lots of stuff back ordered, can't get em etc etc. I didn't get nasty with the poor girl, I know she was just a customer service lady, but I did explain nicely that I didn't pay $240 for replaceable lens glasses so I could NOT get replacement lenses. Told her I NEEDED something lighter for both work, as well as a shooting competition at the end of the month. No one on this board would buy a BMW or Mercedes that took special oil if they weren't actually making it yet.. Anyway, she did a search through the system and found out that they are only selling lenses for 2 styles of Fast Jackets, only through CS, and the Permission is not on the list. I asked for something lighter, non Polarized, in a rose or brown base and she said the only thing they could actually sell is the VR50.. For $90. Half the price of the glasses almost. Ah well, such is life I guess. Gonna try it out and see how it goes. I love the glasses, but I am not a happy camper with Oakley right now. It's going to be hard to convince myself to buy another pair instead of some Gargoyles or something that can just be replaced for the cost of Oakley lenses.

$90 for VR50? Something seems off there, unless the Fast Jacket lenses are really going to be that much more expensive.

$90 for VR50? Something seems off there, unless the Fast Jacket lenses are really going to be that much more expensive.
That's what I thought too. The customer service lady said it should be around $45-55, then when I was transferred to the guy that actually paid for the lenses (i'm assuming in the sales department) he said "I know you were quoted $45, but it's actually going to be $85 plus tax. Is that going to be a problem?"

I would wait it out then. Like someone else mentioned, try M-Frames or go with a Jawbone/Split Jacket. Lenses are readily available for those.

The CS guy promised they would ship tomorrow, and be here next week. That gives me time to get used to the lenses before the competition, so I just went ahead and did it. Although, I never did get an email receipt. They certainly charged my bank card though.. We will see what happens, or if I even get them. I'm just not a happy camper with Oakley right now. It seems like such an insignificant problem, but its certainly not something I expected from a company this well known and after reading about all the backorder/glasses never being made after purchase problems I would have a hard time walking into an O store and handing out another $200+ to them until they get their stuff together. These glasses are very nice, and there was a lot of nice stuff in the store, but they certainly aren't the only sunglass company that makes a good reliable ANSI rated product.

I agree that it's a bad time for Oakley right now concerning product inventory and allocation, but hopefully by this Fall they will be caught up.

Stores will hopefully get OCP Fast Jacket's soon which means they will start carrying lenses.

Back