• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jade Iridium All Green?

testcodes

Oakley Beginner
Is there an easy way to tell if lenses are authentic oakley? More specifically the Jade Iridium lenses.

I bought some lenses from eBay for a chainlink. I also own a Jade Iridium flak jacket so I was comparing the ones I got for the chainlink against my flak jacket ones. The ones for the chainlink appear to be all green, while the flak jacket ones have a like a 50% blue/purple gradient depending on the angle.

Thickness wise, comparing the chainlink Jade Iridiums against the pair of chainlink gray lenses that it was replacing, they seem to be very similar. Maybe very slight more thickness on the Jade ones but definitely very slight if there's even a difference.

Now while comparing the view from the chainlink vs the one from the flaks, the one for the flak appear to be a bit brighter. Although I'm not sure if this is because of the rimless bottom of the flaks and the wrap shape that's letting more light through.

Any thoughts on how I could tell if they are legit?

Here are some pics:
IMG_20150808_180739.jpg IMG_20150808_180831.jpg IMG_20150808_180849.jpg

looks to be the curve of the lens. flatter lenses stay truer to the color. same reason positive red holbrook lenses are almost all purple and other frames that curve more have much more red in them.

the toric curve Jade lenses in my Crankshaft look like your Chainlink's do. very little purple since they are more flat.

Yep, jade absolutely turns purple on the edges on the more curved lenses, nothing to worry about.

looks to be the curve of the lens. flatter lenses stay truer to the color. same reason positive red holbrook lenses are almost all purple and other frames that curve more have much more red in them.

the toric curve Jade lenses in my Crankshaft look like your Chainlink's do. very little purple since they are more flat.

interesting I did not know that. thanks for the info that's a relief I thought I got duped into buying fakes

Back