• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jade Iridium vs Prizm Jade Iridium

You're referring to the tint looking through the lens. The "base" is the color of the polycarbonate blank prior to having iridum coatings applied.........which is grey for jade. The tint looking through appears rosy but the base is grey.

Damn I see purple, so my eyes are screwed!

As I came to realize with the Coldfuse Prizm Jade Polars I picked up today, though I didn’t see any rosy Prizm color through the lenses of said pair, in due compare to the Maritime Speed Jacket’ Prizm lenses I had with me, and the Custom Cuts in my PB1, etc. 🤷‍♂️
Custom cut PB1 Maritime?

As I came to realize with the Coldfuse Prizm Jade Polars I picked up today, though I didn’t see any rosy Prizm color through the lenses of said pair, in due compare to the Maritime Speed Jacket’ Prizm lenses I had with me, and the Custom Cuts in my PB1, etc. 🤷‍♂️
The comparison flyer posted definitely shows the Prizm version tones down the contrast enhancement of the older Jade hue. I notice the same with Sapphire as well, the Prizm version looks far more like a neutral grey to the user.

I'd say it's because Oakley is trying to have a more predictable and uniform user experience. If all lenses are Prizm Grey and then have a superficial Iridium coating to make a colourful outer appearance, customers can just pick their favourite one. It eliminates the issues previously where someone might like Violet, but hate the greeny-yellow hue for the user.

To me, these Prizm Jade lenses aren’t rosy as my other prizm lenses. They seem more grey based than anything. I wouldn’t call them booty chowder but I actually like them. I’m in the process I’m trying to find some Prizm Jade polars for a pair of Holbrook’s...

5E6360E7-375C-43F7-9126-18D71438298D.jpeg

DC204E79-C6BA-467F-B134-7408E34FC323.jpeg

F17D9C00-1A61-4D0B-AB2C-AE1D3789354E.jpeg

so jade irridium has same mirror as jade prizm ? Or is one less mirrored? The shallow water lens for instance is not as mirrored as i want compared to deep water.. is the jade irridium mirrored like either of those?

Latest Posts

Back