• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jade Iridium vs Prizm Jade Iridium

VirusSixZero

Oakley Enthusiast
Canada
Does anyone have both JI and PJI available for comparison (user side) reference shots? Since Jade seems to have fallen out of favour a bit in the regular Oakley stock, I have yet to even see PJI on display. I have JI in some 2015 Jupiter Squared, and some spare lenses for Sliver bought in 2017. Since it was always a rosy base, I'm curious as to how different the "Prizm" stamp makes it.

I'm building an OCP order, and I just want to know anyone's thoughts or feedback on JI vs PJI. Thanks in advance if anyone can provide any insight.

48294100817_5a4bd8e4ec_c.jpg

48294100877_5958ac375f_c.jpg

L. - Prizm Jade polarized. R. - Jade iridium, hereby renamed the “Booty Chowder” E.
It’s taken some months, but I’ve “warmed” to the rosiness of Prizm.
I wouldn’t call Jade the “worst” (Canadians aren’t that way... :smoke: ) it is colder looking out.

Last edited:
Thanks flyer. It looks like the Prizm version actually makes it grey, and tones down the rose contrast enhancement?

Reference shots:

And a reference shot of JI vs Grey:

You're referring to the tint looking through the lens. The "base" is the color of the polycarbonate blank prior to having iridum coatings applied.........which is grey for jade. The tint looking through appears rosy but the base is grey.

You're referring to the tint looking through the lens. The "base" is the color of the polycarbonate blank prior to having iridum coatings applied.........which is grey for jade. The tint looking through appears rosy but the base is grey.
Ah, so "base" is a purely manufacturing based term. Oakley starts with a grey blank then jazzes it up, and the user experience changes accordingly.

I was using it in terms of subtractive colour theory and optics; from a practical experience standpoint. I call it as I see it. What colour the canvas was before the paint was applied is unimportant. They could use grey and apply magenta and yellow, or they could use clear and apply magenta. I'll leave those decisions to them, my eyes see the same rosy hue all the same.

Come now...Jade has its place in the grand scheme.
As I came to realize with the Coldfuse Prizm Jade Polars I picked up today, though I didn’t see any rosy Prizm color through the lenses of said pair, in due compare to the Maritime Speed Jacket’ Prizm lenses I had with me, and the Custom Cuts in my PB1, etc. 🤷‍♂️

Back