• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jade vs Prizm Jade

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
What is the difference between jade and prizm jade when looking through the lens? also is there any difference in the iridium coating between the two? Pics would be helpful.

What is the difference between jade and prizm jade when looking through the lens? also is there any difference in the iridium coating between the two? Pics would be helpful.

i have Prizm Jade Polar Targetlines, but i don't have any regular Jade lenses in my stock at the moment to show side by side pictures (gave my pairs with regular Jade lenses to a friend). the outside is very similar. maybe a hair less mirror to the iridium coating on the Prizm Jade, but if so not much less. they still mirror well. similar levels of mirror coating on the outside to Prizm DWP. looking through Prizm Jade vs regular Jade is a little different while still being the same tint. regular Jade is drab dark, Prizm Jade is a little brighter and colors pop more while still blocking the same amount of light.

I assume Prizm Jade will have that rosey tint, where Jade is grey based.

no rose tint. looking through my Prizm Jade Polarized Targetline looks exactly the same as looking through my Prizm Black Polarized pairs. neutral but with all colors enhanced and a bit lighter/clearer than non prizm neutral based tints.

Last edited:
Prizm Jade Polar Targetlines.

20180307_194704.jpg

I would say the gray base on the prizm Jade is more of a purple base grey. So I technically would say you could call it "Rose" but it's extremely dark compared to Rose from the past. The regular Jade Iridium is actually a pink color near the center, so I like the prizm Jade better, not many X-Metal donors yet though.

Btw, this is why I don't like the new Prizm Ruby. Would have been much better on the get base! My personal opinion to stay more true to Ruby roots.

I assume Prizm Jade will have that rosey tint, where Jade is grey based.
According to you, which has better looking iridium coating prizm jade or prizm shallow?
And i attached a pic below, please tell me which iridium is this, jade or prizm jade?
26868468_338813726614900_3823026681673678848_n.jpg

Latest Posts

Back