• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Japanese Gen 1's

Ummm, I hate to say this but I am getting this bad feeling for you my friend.... Something is not right with the hinges and the color, I think the old woman was smarter than you think... Sorry!!!

can you explain why, apart from not being able to find the colour on the web, hinges look fine to me. Side oakley is printed, japan stamped into the leg

That would suck to be had by an old lady. :sad:
They looked like they were a great score but if not that does blow.

not really - was only 70 bucks and they fit great.

That photo was from instagram so the colour is slightly different due to the filter used. Any way it can be confirmed, whats the deal with the hinges? Why do they look strange? I can take better quality photos.

Saying 'cant find a photo on the net therefore they are fake' doesnt really float with me - a lot of you guys still believe in religion right? hahaha.

End of the day i've never seen a fake with metal hinges like these, japan stamped in the legs etc, if they are fakes, then the are the best fakes i've ever seen. Not to mention, the bag they came in is aged and faded heavily, clearly 20+ years old.

"Japan" is printed at the inner tip of the right arm?

Piggybacking on your thread to see if mine is legit too! Haha. Mine is a matte black / violet but this colourway isn't reflected on OR.

e3eme4yj.jpg

The hinges on your pair look good to me. But I may be wrong as I am looking at your pics through my phone.

mapeza2e.jpg

Not too sure if that colourway existed though. Haha. Cheers.

Back