• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone Icon

marvs01

Oakley Beginner
Hi Guys,

Im little worried about my jawbone icon. I do use may jawbone almost every day and mostly soaked to sweat during my training ride. I do clean it with warm water at mild soap almost every week or two. im just little worried since the frame always get wet with water everytime i clean it , will the adhesive of its icon will eventually hold off or soften becuase of water? Thank you guys!

I have never had any of my Icons come loose from my frames even after swapping them over & using the original tape that was on the Icons. I doubt whether warm water would have any effect on the adhisive quality of the tape.

I have never experienced any of the icons falling off. I wash my frames almost every week especially those with unobtanium rubbers.

If I have to restick or need to replace the tape on an Icon I have some very thin double sided tape that I got from an artshop. I usually warm the tape & the Icon up with a heatgun before applying the new tape then use a very sharp stanley knife to cut off the excess. Never failed with that yet. I then heat up the new tape on the Icon to help the adhisive become more sticky before allying the Icon to the frame

Latest Posts

Back