• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone/Racing Jacket

I wear Jawones all the time for everyday use. Who cares about being too loud; if you want to blend in go wear some Ray Bans. One of the best things about Jawbones are that the parts are all interchangeable, so you can build all sorts of sweet combos. They're like the Legos of O.

Cheers guys, I've read a lot about them fogging up due to the close to the face fit..... any experience with this?

Also, do the vents actually let in much light? I'll predominantly be using them for driving, so eye coverage is a priority (rather than venting!).

Cheers

Fogging was never an issue for me. Maybe it's because I run with the Asian Fit pads that allow for some ventilation.

Vents don't really let in much light unless you look right at them. Considering the lenses are really close to the face, that's kinda hard to do.

Cool, thanks.

Seems to be between the Hijinx and Racing Jacket.

Anyone want to weigh in on these in terms of having just 1 pair to do everything.

Although the Hijinx is a bit more subtle, I'm wondering if the Racing Jacket will be a better pair for everyday use (mainly driving), and mucking around at the park with kids!

PM sent to both... I know its high buy I challenge you to find another pair!!!
Challenge accepted! :) Ive got a set and also one maybe even more rare. +Red Iriduim Polarized Non-Vented. I wear these two lenses more than I do my vented ones just because I like the way they look in the frame better.

Love my Racing Jackets. Mine are matte black and Black Irridium. I'd say that they are great for everything.

Just ordered some Matte Black Ink Racing Jackets with OO Red Iridium Polar and Black Iridium lenses.

Anyone clear up the "Matte Black Ink" colour? Looks like the jaws are slightly more polished compared with the matte looking frames!

I owned both Jawbone and Split Jacket and drive avg 8hrs a day & both are really good as a driving glass Jawbone can sometimes rub against your face with the Split Jacket don't get this , regarding vented or non vented I'd go non vented i found that once the vents catch your eye that's all you'll focus on .
If I was to choose it'd be Jawbone better coverage for when the sun hits wet roads no upward glare .

Cheers TexxxZ. I was almost contemplating going for the Radarlocks, but thought they looked just a bit too sporty and not as ideal for everyday wear. The Racing Jackets (Jawbones), look as if they would suit an everyday type pair (more so....).

Cheers TexxxZ. I was almost contemplating going for the Radarlocks, but thought they looked just a bit too sporty and not as ideal for everyday wear. The Racing Jackets (Jawbones), look as if they would suit an everyday type pair (more so....).

I drive HGV for a living & if you can find them 00positve red Polarized are your best option great around coverage & light enough to wear all day if you do a lot of driving i'd stay away from vented .

Anyone clear up the "Matte Black Ink" colour? Looks like the jaws are slightly more polished compared with the matte looking frames!
The Matte Black Ink is a semi- transparent black frame, but the jaws are matte black, but solid. I really like my ink pair. They seem to be a tad lighter than the other pairs I have. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me though!

Back