• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone/Split Jacket Jaw Piece Question

psychephylax

Oakley Expert
Smithtown, NY
I only have a Split Jacket and don't own a Jawbone...But I am hoping someone who fiddled with both may know the answer...

Is it possible to take a split jacket jaw and put it onto a jawbone and use the split jacket lens? Or is the lens size/diameter completely different between the two?

Split Jacket jaws are compatible on the Jawbone if you used Split Jacket lenses

Jawbone jaws are compatible on the Split Jacket if you use Jawbone lenses.

Split Jacket jaws are compatible on the Jawbone if you used Split Jacket lenses
Jawbone jaws are compatible on the Split Jacket if you use Jawbone lenses.

I think he wants to use his SJ lenses: "...and put it onto a jawbone and use the split jacket lens?"
But ..... I haven't seen a franken SplitBone yet. Interesting!

Sounds like he wants to use SJ lenses on a Jawbone, which will work as long as you use SJ lenses.

They are reverse compatible with each other as long as you use the matching jaw. I saw a Jawbone on display at an O-Store that accidentally had Split Jacket jaws and lenses. Bolts on both pairs are the exact same.

So the reason for the question was this....I came upon two different Split Jackets..One came from Oakley Vault and had a blue jaw, and another eBay Split jacket that was Infrared with a black jaw. I already potato headed these and swapped the blue jaw to the red frame and made an all black polished split jacket.

I've ordered a red Split Jacket jaw from Oakster to make an all-red Split Jacket, which would mean I have spare blue jaw set.

Then...I was at the Oakley Vault store on Friday and saw they had a Sky Blue/White SOLFX Jawbones for 109$ in the clearance case. Brainstorming idea was to take the spare set of blue split jacket jaws and put them on the sky blue jawbones but of course I didn't know if that would work. And the sale of the VR50 Transitions lenses would probably cover the cost of the experiment.

Sounds like it would as long as jaws+lenses are moved together you could use either Split or Jawbone frames.

So the reason for the question was this....I came upon two different Split Jackets..One came from Oakley Vault and had a blue jaw, and another eBay Split jacket that was Infrared with a black jaw. I already potato headed these and swapped the blue jaw to the red frame and made an all black polished split jacket.

I've ordered a red Split Jacket jaw from Oakster to make an all-red Split Jacket, which would mean I have spare blue jaw set.

Then...I was at the Oakley Vault store on Friday and saw they had a Sky Blue/White SOLFX Jawbones for 109$ in the clearance case. Brainstorming idea was to take the spare set of blue split jacket jaws and put them on the sky blue jawbones but of course I didn't know if that would work. And the sale of the VR50 Transitions lenses would probably cover the cost of the experiment.

Sounds like it would as long as jaws+lenses are moved together you could use either Split or Jawbone frames.

Now you are talking :tongue:
You could also cut down the Jawbone lenses to fit with your Jawbone frame/Split Jacket jawbones.

Back