• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbones: Interchangeability Between Asian Fit And Regular

d94364

Oakley Beginner
Singapore
Hi, was wondering if the upper frame for the asian fit jawbone and regular one are the same?

i.e can you attach an asian fit jaw onto a regular jawbone upper? Why im asking is because I have some plans to do this for the BMX chrome jawbone(they don't come in asian fit right?), and before I spend big money would like to know if it is even possible!

For me the problem with normal jawbones is that the bottom part of the frame touches my cheeks, sigh...

Thanks!

I want to say yes only because Oakley.com lists the same accessory lenses for both the Asian fit and regular fit. If the lenses are the same, i'm assuming the orbitals are the same.

Have you ever considered the Split Jacket? Those aren't as big as the Jawbone and fit better.

Yes, that's what I thought too, but another possibility could be that both the upper and lower are different. Yikes!

I went down to the local Oakley shop and tried out all the sports pairs, "regular" radars/m frames/jackets fit fine, it was just the jawbones that didn't agree with my face.

I prefer the Jawbone because of, above all, the design:) And I can also get a used Chrome jawbone at a good price so, I though, why not take the chance!

Too my knowledge this question popped up on Twitter and @oakley responded by saying that other then the nose peices (you get two sets one already installed and another for "Asian Fit") that the frames are the same.

@SpliceD I hesitated; called the seller up this morning and it was sold!! Oh well, back to camping on ebay...

@mpmcgaughey Thanks for clearing things up! Yes, i think it wouldn't make sense for Oakley to produce 2 different molds when fit can be changed via the nosepiece

Thanks once again for the info:)

Back