• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

JBR prototype

Nucchem

If you are not falling, you are not learning.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dublin, Ca
Just picked up these JBR prototypes in Richter Brown.
They are actually lighter than my JBRs at # 000362.
The stems are the same color which puts them darker on the protos compared to the orbitals. Very cool and will always be my favorite finish.
Protos have BI lens I believe. My JBR are the Vr’s
212FD724-677E-445B-A7C0-F5B0B9FC81E1.jpeg
A2B5CC34-4F8F-4EB6-8C8E-50F136FCEA8B.jpeg
E02820CF-0AA1-46E3-9978-ED27D4BBC607.jpeg
0253E864-BBFB-41E7-838C-126CCF5A2AA2.jpeg

Congrats on a second pair. This is the only remaining juliet I would love to own. Please take some outdoor pics of the new proto. It certainly looks very different than other examples.

Hi, that I know. I meant: is it a pvd-ish coating, like none plasma? Some kind of plating? Anodised? OR paint? 🙂

Cheers, Lars Vogelenzang

Its a pvd coating from what I recall. If you look on PVD Coatings | CVD Coatings - Richter Precision it's one of the coatings they offer. I believe they were one of the companies doing the prototype samples. I'm not sure if they were the ones doing the production ones tho. I think there was another company that did the prototype ones as well bodycote or something like that. I can't recall exactly the name.

Its a pvd coating from what I recall. If you look on PVD Coatings | CVD Coatings - Richter Precision it's one of the coatings they offer. I believe they were one of the companies doing the prototype samples. I'm not sure if they were the ones doing the production ones tho. I think there was another company that did the prototype ones as well bodycote or something like that. I can't recall exactly the name.
Damn Zach, thanks for the schooling. Very well versed. Thank you.

Back