• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

JC "Corvette" Juliet List

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the highest serial anyone has seen? Any idea how many were made?

In an earlier thread relating to this subject, @CarGuy mentions it was the Ruby lens version given to the corvette team. How the 24k carbon relates may still be a mystery ...

Corvette Juliet

In an earlier thread relating to this subject, @CarGuy mentions it was the Ruby lens version given to the corvette team. How the 24k carbon relates may still be a mystery ...

Corvette Juliet
This association I get:
50thvette.jpg
This I do not:
OakVette.jpg

The Carbon 24k Juliet's association with the Corvette team was something you had to be there for. Back in 2001 or 2002 they were given to the Corvette race team and its associates as an athlete exclusive pair. It was not too long after that they just decided to release it for retail sales, first as a Japan exclusive and then filtering out worldwide. Then came the Ruby Corvette etched lenses which were given out in various ways including during the 2003 Indy 500.

Those who were hardcore collectors back then saw it as a Corvette team pair because that's what they were before regular release. But since having become a regular release, the idea of it being a Corvette team pair is becoming a more obscure fact as time goes on and more veteran collectors leave the hobby. That tends to happen over time. Had the Neon Green Camo Monster Dog became a regular release, I don't think anyone would have associated it with Garcia unless you were around during the time when he first wore it.

The highest serial pair we can see here is 1922, so I would believe it was a run of 2000.

It's probably closer to 2500. I have seen Oak's pair on the O Review and it was well over the 2000 SN. The funny thing about his pair is Oakley shortened the numerical portion to 4 digits from the regular 6 digits towards the end of its run.

The Carbon 24k Juliet's association with the Corvette team was something you had to be there for. Back in 2001 or 2002 they were given to the Corvette race team and its associates as an athlete exclusive pair. It was not too long after that they just decided to release it for retail sales, first as a Japan exclusive and then filtering out worldwide. Then came the Ruby Corvette etched lenses which were given out in various ways including during the 2003 Indy 500.

Those who were hardcore collectors back then saw it as a Corvette team pair because that's what they were before regular release. But since having become a regular release, the idea of it being a Corvette team pair is becoming a more obscure fact as time goes on and more veteran collectors leave the hobby. That tends to happen over time. Had the Neon Green Camo Monster Dog became a regular release, I don't think anyone would have associated it with Garcia unless you were around during the time when he first wore it.

It's probably closer to 2500. I have seen Oak's pair on the O Review and it was well over the 2000 SN. The funny thing about his pair is Oakley shortened the numerical portion to 4 digits from the regular 6 digits towards the end of its run.

sounds about right, in regards to the knowledge on certain pairs and their significance. I gathered the same info on the carbon/ruby penny. Only OG collectors associated with Sunglass Hut were in the know of these pairs along with the emerald mars. I am fortunate to have picked up a legitimate emerald mars pair, which quite frankly if y ou dont know what you are looking at, looks like a tuned but previously beat up pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back