• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jim Jannard's Trousdale House

Chaseme

Oakley Beginner
Austin, TX
Just saw this in my emails today from Uncrate.com:

jim-jannards-trousdale-house-1.jpg

Needless to say, it looks what you would expect Jim's house to look like — top notch!

Here is Uncrate's description:
Overlooking nearly all of Los Angeles, Jim Jannard's Trousdale House is a modern-day Stonehenge. After selling his business, the Oakley founder and entrepreneur purchased two properties in Newport Beach, a few islands, and this Beverly Hills tract. The one story structure forms an 18,000 square-foot arc on its cliffside plot. Although it may be small in stature, a material palette of concrete and steel paired with its sprawling footprint create a monolithic presence. Its curved design allows for a circular courtyard, leading to the main entrance. Upon entry, large concrete columns create division among the mostly open interior filled with custom-made furniture and a striking chrome kitchen. At the center of the home is the main living area where floor-to-ceiling glazing opens out to an infinity pool. From here, unobstructed views of the entire cityscape and even glimpses of the Pacific Ocean beyond can be seen.

Photos: iD Group

A few more photos are available from the designer's website: idgroup | idgrouplive | Jeff Vance | Independent Design Group

Thr article fails to mention that every room in the house is fingerprint access only. Adorning the walls are Jim’s collection of vintage signed guitars from the likes of B.B. King, Clapton and Knopfler to name a few. I have told a few members here the story and that it was authenticated by a Forum member that has actually been inside this structure.

Last edited:
wow! just incredible. Wish I could have met him over the years. Maybe he should be the Dos Equis spokesman. I bet he could lay claim to that advertising campaign.

Just saw this in my emails today from Uncrate.com:

jim-jannards-trousdale-house-1.jpg

Needless to say, it looks what you would expect Jim's house to look like — top notch!

Here is Uncrate's description:
Overlooking nearly all of Los Angeles, Jim Jannard's Trousdale House is a modern-day Stonehenge. After selling his business, the Oakley founder and entrepreneur purchased two properties in Newport Beach, a few islands, and this Beverly Hills tract. The one story structure forms an 18,000 square-foot arc on its cliffside plot. Although it may be small in stature, a material palette of concrete and steel paired with its sprawling footprint create a monolithic presence. Its curved design allows for a circular courtyard, leading to the main entrance. Upon entry, large concrete columns create division among the mostly open interior filled with custom-made furniture and a striking chrome kitchen. At the center of the home is the main living area where floor-to-ceiling glazing opens out to an infinity pool. From here, unobstructed views of the entire cityscape and even glimpses of the Pacific Ocean beyond can be seen.

Photos: iD Group

A few more photos are available from the designer's website: idgroup | idgrouplive | Jeff Vance | Independent Design Group

This is insane! Reminds me of Tony Stark's house in Iron Man!

Back