• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

jiveSEVEN's ridiculous haul!

I thought my offer of $125 would def be too low and he would ask for more, but he really just wanted to get rid of it since it was taking up too much room and too small to display bike parts. He was pretty happy with the offer but yes it was considered robbery after he gave me the box with the stands, mirror, and the 2 hidden tables inside the cabinet.

I thought my offer of $125 would def be too low and he would ask for more, but he really just wanted to get rid of it since it was taking up too much room and too small to display bike parts. He was pretty happy with the offer but yes it was considered robbery after he gave me the box with the stands, mirror, and the 2 hidden tables inside the cabinet.

no way will i ever be able to come across such a deal over here. sucks. damn.

This spurrs a story........When Oakley released the new display cases to their vendors, I happen to be at an eyeglass store where they were emptying the old cases and filling the new ones. There was a case just like this off to the side full of old display cards etc. I asked if they were tossing it away and they said they were, but they had to get with the owner before thowing it away. I was able to speak with the owner who said I could have it because they were discarding it.... When I went to get it, the owner changed their mind and gave it to their young child to put his cars in it. He then had the nerve to say... " how much was I going to give them for it" I was like What?!?! They figured it was worth something to me they would make something on it. I told them, I hope their kid enjoys it and walked out..... I totally forgot about this story, and your purchase hit home.... Anyway NICE FIND!!!!

This spurrs a story........When Oakley released the new display cases to their vendors, I happen to be at an eyeglass store where they were emptying the old cases and filling the new ones. There was a case just like this off to the side full of old display cards etc. I asked if they were tossing it away and they said they were, but they had to get with the owner before thowing it away. I was able to speak with the owner who said I could have it because they were discarding it.... When I went to get it, the owner changed their mind and gave it to their young child to put his cars in it. He then had the nerve to say... " how much was I going to give them for it" I was like What?!?! They figured it was worth something to me they would make something on it. I told them, I hope their kid enjoys it and walked out..... I totally forgot about this story, and your purchase hit home.... Anyway NICE FIND!!!!

thanks for sharing that story! there is an optical place here called insight eyecare who also replaced their old towers and I inquired about the old ones. the lady said that they belonged to Oakley and they were not authorized to sell them or give them away. I asked what they did with them, and she said collecting dust in the basement :/

thanks for sharing that story! there is an optical place here called insight eyecare who also replaced their old towers and I inquired about the old ones. the lady said that they belonged to Oakley and they were not authorized to sell them or give them away. I asked what they did with them, and she said collecting dust in the basement :/

That's what my optometrist told me. He went on to say they're actually on lease from Oakley and he would have to return them at some point. I wonder if Oakley even cares. Shipping them back would be expensive.

That's what my optometrist told me. He went on to say they're actually on lease from Oakley and he would have to return them at some point. I wonder if Oakley even cares. Shipping them back would be expensive.

I doubt Oakley cares lol...seems like all those otpometry shops want to play by the rules!

Back