• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Job hunting Sucks!

I feel your pain! I moved 1,000 away from everything and everyone I knew. And I’ve struggled finding a good company to work for. I went from doing Research and Development for a multi billion dollar welding company to being a grunt welder...

I’ve tried finding r&d jobs but I feel like they don’t exist or I’m not qualified for them because everyone wants someone with a 4 year degree..

Currently looking for a job doing quality control / welding inspecting without a CWI. Florida’s too hot to be welding 10-12 hours a day, lol!!

Best of luck

I feel ya on the degree. All my Safety Training came from the Navy, so while I have years of experience, I lack a piece of paper. The Safety Coordinator I took over for had a 4 year degree. While she was book smart, she lacked the hands on knowledge.

Last edited:
Finally got a job. Be working with the current safety manager for two companies owned by the same parent company. I will be training/working with her till she retires and then move up to her spot. So glad that’s over! Start Monday! The best part is I got a pretty good raise from the job I was terminated from. Can’t beat that! Super stoked

I feel your pain! I moved 1,000 away from everything and everyone I knew. And I’ve struggled finding a good company to work for. I went from doing Research and Development for a multi billion dollar welding company to being a grunt welder...

I’ve tried finding r&d jobs but I feel like they don’t exist or I’m not qualified for them because everyone wants someone with a 4 year degree..

Currently looking for a job doing quality control / welding inspecting without a CWI. Florida’s too hot to be welding 10-12 hours a day, lol!!

Best of luck

I'd rather be a welder.

Latest Posts

Back