• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Joecool862 and IUSTEVE Took a Road Trip Today....

joecool862

Keeper of the Skull
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kansas City Baby!
So I was browsing a local CL and found a listing for for some black tower cases within 3 hrs driving distance from me and a couple hrs away from @IUSTEVE . Turns out there were 2 double wides and a 3.1 black single wide. We both picked up a double for $350 and I picked up the single as well for $200. After truck rental etc I still think we did well and got a couple of sweet display cases!
20170225_162820.jpg
20170225_162849.jpg

Yes, the double wide is currently in my kitchen. We have a small place and are moving in a few months to a larger place (hopefully), haha. In the mean time, I'd like to thank my wife for not killing me (she even held the door while we brought the cases into the house!)

Also, they are complete for the most part. But I am missing the lock at the top for the single wide. Anybody have any OEM Black case locks that are extra? I know they are super easy to replace, would just prefer to have the same key for all my cases!

You forgot to mention the treacherous blizzard/ice storm we encountered along our journey. And please don't forget the worthless kid who had to count the cash 3x before he finally counted correctly (with our assistance).

We certainly picked the best day to take such a trip. Of course we also hit the local vault nearby which was a complete waste of time.

Mine is in the house and now I am ready for another road trip for another great Oakley find real soon. Let's just make sure we don't shop in @Dyeraudio backyard. He tends to not play well with others

And since you are begging for a new lock I'd like to reach out as I could use 1 adjustable foot for mine.....anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You forgot to mention the treacherous blizzard/ice storm we encountered along our journey. And please don't forget the worthless kid who had to count the cash 3x before he finally counted correctly (with our assistance).
We certainly picked the best day to take such a trip. Of course we also hit the local vault nearby which was a complete waste of time.

Mine is in the house and now I am ready for another road trip for another great Oakley find real soon. Let's just make sure we don't shop in @Dyeraudio backyard. He tends to not play well with others

And since you are begging for a new lock I'd like to reach out as I could use 1 adjustable foot for mine.....anyone?

Yeah, we picked an awful day to do this, but I'm glad we did it and everything went well! I'm exhausted, don't know about you. Bringing them inside they started to form condensation immediately and became slippery little devils. The roads were bad for sure, don't forget that pickup truck I passed that flipped on the icy road... We are nuts bro...

Last edited:
I thought you were trying to clear inventory before you moved?

Congrats on the pickup. I'd still love to replace my two towers with a double - if you're inclined to trade before you leave the state...

I thought you were trying to clear inventory before you moved?

Congrats on the pickup. I'd still love to replace my two towers with a double - if you're inclined to trade before you leave the state...
Haha, I know man!!!! I couldn't pass up a double for basically the price of a single... and then I got that additional single as well. I am set for a nice long while, lol.

Back