• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Joker Green M Frame Question

MaukaRunner

Oakley Expert
Oahu, Hawaii
Does anyone know anything about this colorway? I got one way back in the 90's as a replacement for a carbon print M Frame but I never like the color so it has been in storage ever since.

One in a Pro frame sold recently here. What generation is yours (I think they're only New/3 and Pro)?

What do you want to know about it?

Just wondering since there was one on ebay which sold for a lot. The seller was claiming it was a "rare" colorway. Don't know if you remember, I PM'd you with the pics. It's the current M Frame with a gold icon and rootbeer socks.

Here's a pic:

DSCN0090.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0090.jpg
    DSCN0090.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 318
Ah yes, I didn't put 2 and 2 together. It may be a little more rare, I'd wager that's due to something like it isn't a good color, didn't sell well, and wasn't offered for very long as anything but a custom option.

Someone might want it specifically for a collection of M Frames (going for all of the frame colors) or want it to match their sports team, but personally I'm not jumping to get in line for a brown/gold/metallic green frame.

If someone on here hasn't messaged you wanting to buy it in a couple day's time put it on ebay as a "Rare vintage Oakley M Frame Joker Green gold rootbeer". Start it at $50 and see where it goes.

Ah yes, I didn't put 2 and 2 together. It may be a little more rare, I'd wager that's due to something like it isn't a good color, didn't sell well, and wasn't offered for very long as anything but a custom option.

Someone might want it specifically for a collection of M Frames (going for all of the frame colors) or want it to match their sports team, but personally I'm not jumping to get in line for a brown/gold/metallic green frame.

If someone on here hasn't messaged you wanting to buy it in a couple day's time put it on ebay as a "Rare vintage Oakley M Frame Joker Green gold rootbeer". Start it at $50 and see where it goes.

Yeah, I think I told you it was Team Green since that's the closest thing I could find online. Funny, few sold plus keeping it for a long time becomes "rare".

I'll see. Right now I have three M-Frames so maybe I would sell but I stuck some Jade and Fire lenses next to it and it kinda looks nice. Might be something I might want to keep just to be different.

Hey Rust, Thanks for responding.

Yeah, I think I told you it was Team Green since that's the closest thing I could find online. Funny, few sold plus keeping it for a long time becomes "rare".

I'll see. Right now I have three M-Frames so maybe I would sell but I stuck some Jade and Fire lenses next to it and it kinda looks nice. Might be something I might want to keep just to be different.

Hey Rust, Thanks for responding.

haha looks like i jumped in late! yes its only rare because it didnt sell well basically.. most went for black frames as usual.

but its one unique piece! spice it up with those fire lenses and youve got a winner! sport pairs are meant to be LOUD.. i have vintage racing jackets that i use for running!

haha looks like i jumped in late! yes its only rare because it didnt sell well basically.. most went for black frames as usual.

but its one unique piece! spice it up with those fire lenses and youve got a winner! sport pairs are meant to be LOUD.. i have vintage racing jackets that i use for running!

I used to be one of those black frame, black lens guys. I was wearing the same Square Wire 2.0's for the last 10 years until I squished it in my front pocket while karting. Then I found this place and everything blew up. In the last two months I bought two Fast Jackets, one Split Jacket, two Gascans, one Flak Jacket, one Radar and one Strait Jacket. My first Fast had jade lenses in them. I got a deal and the first thing I did was get black iridium lenses for the pair and thought about selling the jade lenses. I then got a SI Flak frame which seen better days. It had no lenses and was slightly scratched up. I polished the plastic, bought Ice Iridium lenses and blue socks and bombs and I got hooked on the colors. Got a prescription black Flak to get a spare set of RX lenses to use as a backup but I took those out and put the Jade lenses in them and really liked the look. Then I got a metallic blue Radar. Was hesitant since blue was kinda out there for me. It had a dull G20 black iridium lens so I figured what the heck. I found someone selling a fire iridium lens for the Radar but before I bought it I Googled the combo and found one on Ebay. It looked sweet.

Back to this Joker Green M Frame. I was trying to sell it to Rust but he didn't want it either. It was sitting in storage since the late 90's after I got it, under warranty, for a pair of M's which broke. It didn't dawn on me until I was cleaning he Radars and looked at the metallic paint and it reminded me of the Joker Green frames. I pulled the M's out and stuck it next to the Radar and it looked great. Then I got the Fasts with the jade and did the same thing. I kinda like the Joker Green and Jade combo more but I'm trying to get rid of my M's since the other pairs I have fit better.

The addiction has begun. I wonder if anyone has started a Oakley's Anonymous chapter yet.

Back