• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jono's Metals

first the G26s, now..the 24ks...ha!

p1020519a.jpg

p1020520u.jpg

trying to figure out what lens I should get for the R1 project, would a 24k look good on it?

Easier said than done. There are no standard Oakley lenses that can act as donors for the R1 in 24K. The only way to do this is to buy an actual pair of the dual lens (non shield) Fox frames that Oakley built recently and ship those to Dr. Chop for cutting. The prices on those vary, but you're looking at around $100 for those plus the $35 cut fee and the shipping both ways...probably around $150 when all is said and done for those lenses. It was this exact issue that drove me away from doing it...got some R1 Ruby from him for $85 instead and chose to do some custom cut 24K's for my Juliet instead which were easier to source and cheaper to cut.

Thanks for the pics Jono, that look is nice...I think I might have to seriously consider getting 24K lenses for these XX frames I'm getting. Going to make for a lot of those tints though...got custom cut 24k for my Carbon Juliets, Fire Polarized in my Polished Juliets. Hmmm...wheels turning.

Latest Posts

Back