• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jordan mars

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
Lookin at a loose pair of mars Jordans.dont wanna do the larry thing because I'm not into the leather.....should I just make em x-metal and keep the serial?
As long as theres a dude like Larry....value shouldn't drop much?

well Jordan related pairs are hot right now with the last dance and all. so I would speculate, the more true to original the better regarding value. If its a beater, i would just do as you would please with it knowing you can put it back to xmetal and get it re-wrapped if need be.

imagine my dismay, having bought 2 pairs of brand new craters in 2015 for $350 each, and selling them in 2016 BECAUSE I messaged everyone on the forum looking for someone to do the leatherwork and got nowhere...for $350 each... and now there is a leather guy and wanting them again... what kind of luck is that - my kind of luck, that's what!

buying a rolex hulk in 2016 at msrp then selling in 2017 for 6k, 2k below msrp, then watching prices shoot up to 15k in 2018...my kind of luck!

Last edited:
I never liked the regular mars but the crater was cool, the leather version was insane but totally impractical UNLESS you can get it redone/replaced, then it becomes viable. If a part is not only prone to wear, like suede leather.. but also irreplaceable.. it goes against everything x-metals are -an eternally renewable pair-