• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Julian Wilson Dispatch Backordered

M0NTY26

Oakley Beginner
I hope this is in the right section, if not I apologize.

Anyway, I just bought me some Julian Wilson Dispatch glasses and on the Oakley website, they're listed as 'Usually ships in 3-5 business days". Now when I check the order status it's telling me they are backordered. I also got the jupiter camo holbrooks, which have shipped. Can anyone give me an idea as to when these might actually ship out? I put down 2nd day shipping bc I was really hoping to have them by next friday, but I'm getting the feeling I might be waiting for a decent amount of time.

:(

Don't know if there are any official Oakley reps on these boards. I see people posting on the Oakley facebook page and they have reps on there that can help you out.

I have two hard cases on order that say 3-5 but just received email saying at least a month...u may be looking at sept/Oct

Yeah that happens every summer with Oakley and especially with items I want! Probably since the inception of online ordering on Oakley.com have all their most popular items been backordered. It is annoying to say the least.

This year has been worse...o stores are even frustrated..local store down to 1 or 2 frames for cop most styles...

Demand is too high for the supply. Theyre working on it, but had to backorder stuff that wasnt selling as well to catch up with the higher demand of other pieces.

Demand is too high for supply has always been the case for Oakley...though in my conversations with local Oakley employees they say that at least locally they practically can't give product away the economy has hit sales so bad....however I wouldn't be surprised if the company hasn't either cut manufacturing capacity or simply deliberately not increased it. This is a popular method for decreasing costs....seems counter to the sales model to do this, but there is research that supports the savings outweigh the lost revenue from cancellations...especially with brands that have a cult or loyal following. I work in an industry that operates with this model and it does work...comes with a cost at the consumer and organizational levels, but it does save money. At least short term

Latest Posts

Back